Do you lose every week ? Like 2 lbs lighter.

Options
Hey guys i am interested in knowing that if you lose weight on the 1st.
Then after eating fewer calories than you burn and exercise ( not necessarily) do you mostly lose weight like 2 lbs ( if morbidly obese) or not on the 7th day ?

I have lost 4 kilos but wasnot so strict in tracking.
But now i dropped a kilo 5 days ago.
Now i want to know wether i will be a kilo lighter after 2 days ( 7 days total )

How do you guys go by so that it keeps you motivated to diet and exercise and keep going.

Replies

• SanaAnum
    SanaAnum Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I know everyone is different but you could post yout progress of some previous weeks.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Nah, it's super random. You have to watch the trend over time. Trend Weight and Happy Scale are two apps that will calculate the trend for you and are good to use if you're concerned about the day-to-day numbers getting you down.

ETA: Here's my last six months or so (I don't use an app but have my own spreadsheet for tracking). That flattish section at the end is a diet break combined with starting weight training.

0nljr6anqd2h.jpg
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    fgpya3s2a8ar.jpg
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    As for motivation, I try to keep things as normal and easy as possible. I'm not trying for a huge deficit and I set myself a rough goal of two years to lose 75-ish lbs (I'm down 42-ish at the moment after 12 months). You'll see this concept here a lot, but I really do see this as a lifestyle change, not a temporary diet. Plus, once you've been at it for a while, you know the system works, so it's a lot easier to be patient with temporary changes.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Weightloss isn't linear. It's the trend overtime you want to watch. As for the keep going part, well if I quit it's guaranteed that I will not get any closer to my goal. All quitting does is make sure I won't reach them and I could end up even further away. I want to reach my goals. I don't care if I lose 0.5 lb per week to get there, because even losing 0.5lb I am getting closer to where I want to be.
  • curwhibbles
    curwhibbles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    It is definitely not all downhill for me! But sometimes I’m shocked by how quick they drop or how long I plateau
  • SanaAnum
    SanaAnum Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Ok