What do you eat when...

Options
2»

Replies

• Joosbox73
    Joosbox73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My health coach once told me it's ok to be hungry when you know you've had enough food, for me the indication is how I feel. If my stomach is just rumbly but I've eaten, I drink something and try to distract myself. If I can feel my blood sugar off balance or know it's time to refuel, I aim for an apple. The sugar and fiber ward off the Hangry and keeps me satiated until my next meal.
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I used to get like that from time to time too. Then I checked my macros and realised that I was eating too many carbs and not enough protein and fats. I was scared of fats! When I balanced out my macros, it did make a difference. I also find that if I try to include protein in each meal, and during snack times (I usually organise my calories so I can have morning and afternoon tea- essential when at work!), that it helps keep me feeling satisfied. A boiled egg around 4pm seems to work wonders for me!!!
  • fitanastasia1
    fitanastasia1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses and ideas! I'll take a look at my macros and play around with a few things.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner. Some days I get really hungry at bed time. I know that if I ignore the hunger, I won't sleep. Usually a slice of good cheese will take the edge off. The combination of fat and protein works. Some times a glass of milk will work, but cheese seems to be more filling, though the calories are about the same.