Lost weight but Measurements still the same?

I'm a 19 year old college sophomore and after gaining a massive amount of weight freshman year I've been working all summer to lose it. I started at 175 pounds and now I'm 151 pounds, 19 pounds away from my goal weight. I know I've lost weight but my measurements have hardly changed. My waist measures 32 inches and my hip measures 40 inches and it hasn't changed. I'm only 14 pounds overweight yet my measurements are so large!

Before college I weighed around 140 and I had a 28 inch waist and a 37 inch hip, so how are my measurements so large now when I'm only 14 pounds overweight? Also, I don't know if this will affect anything but I've been fasting for the month of Ramadan, no food, no water, till around 8:45 at night. I've also been pretty sedentary since Ramadan started just because it's so hard to exercise without water. Could that have anything to do with my stubborn measurements? Could it be the fact that I measure myself and I'm doing it wrong? Please help!

Replies

• Frelling_Tralk
    Frelling_Tralk Posts: 56 Member
    I've found the same thing. I've lost 11 pounds, but my stomach is still the same size and I don't feel any area of my body looks significantly different, so I'm not sure where I'm losing it from. I'm 10 stone ten pounds at the moment so you'd think the weight loss would be at least somewhat obvious, but I feel like I look exactly the same as when I was 11 pounds heavier which is rather discouraging!
  • JuliMagenta
    JuliMagenta Posts: 79 Member
    Did you take any photos?
    I know the problem. I lost ~8pounds last year and my measurements didn't change at all!
    Gladly I had a photo of myself in underwear from the time before I started to lose any weight.
    So, I took another one and guess what: I saw a huge difference, even my hip and waist didnt't change size.
    Maybe this is an option for you too :)
  • jodyjipsey
    jodyjipsey Posts: 3 Member
    I'm having the same problem, i have lost 16lbs and my clothes fit the same and i feel like i look the same.