Buti Yoga!

Options
I started Buti Yoga recently and all I have to say is WOW! if you want to try something different, fun, empowering, and energetic - try it!

It's a mix of yoga, tribal dance, and plyometrics but it's so much more than that. I'm sure all instructors are different but mine is all about embracing your inner goddess and feeling powerful and she just throws that energy at us in such an infectious way.

I'm finding that even after only a handful of classes that my self confidence is going through the roof, not to mention I'm burning about 650 calories in an hour according to my Fitbit Charge 2 and gaining a lot of core strength. It's so much fun that I hardly realize I'm almost dying lol.

Has anyone else tried it? What are your thoughts? Please, no negative "that's not yoga" eye rolling from people who haven't tried it. I want to keep this topic positive for anyone who is interested in trying it.

Replies

• BrittySara
    BrittySara Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am hoping maybe a couple more people could track their calories burning doing Buti Yoga so that there could be maybe a median calories burned to add to my diary. I read online it can be upwards of like 1000 calories depending on how hard you are working and I know everyone is subjective based on what they can do but maybe if like 10 people with the ability to track could post and then we could use the median. I know for myself that the "yoga" option of 300 calories seems VERY light based on how much I want to die post Buti.