alternative exercise ideas please

Options
2»

Replies

• sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Next to swimming maybe yoga and pilates an option? Not that I have arthritis, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and yoga helped me a lot.

I second this. I have M.E. and have massive problems with my joints and muscles and yoga makes a huge difference. I rotate between yoga and pilates depending on my energy levels and have definitely noticed a difference. I do also use supports whenever necessary, usually on my wrists and I also have a dodgy knee so I have a couple of different supports for that. If you do go for that, don't get discouraged if you can't do the movements straightaway. It can take time to build up to that level and also make whatever modifications you feel are necessary to get you through it. It will get easier! Good luck, I hope you find something useful.
  • MenaMena
    MenaMena Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am taking water zumba and water aerobics classes and I love it. I wear my glasses in the pool and it's no problem. I live in Florida, so the down side lately has been our evening lightning storms. Thanks for the tip about prescription goggles. I will be investing in those. In the meantime, I am really working to just keep moving. I have also been using the rowing machine at my gym and it gives a good overall workout. Good Luck.
  • Melissa999999
    Melissa999999 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Tiger Balm for the pain? I have arthritis in both of my knees and when they hurt that's all I use. I have also heard Bio-freeze is great also.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,717 Member
    Options
    Just found the Speedo Vanquisher goggles that I have on amazon. They are $22, and start from -1.5 to -8 in 0.5 gradients. They come either clear or grey tinted.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,717 Member
    Options
    Oh, and if you go for the off the shelf speedo goggles, you of course won't find an exact match for your eyeglass prescription. Both eyes will have the same correction, for instance. Under correcting is probably more comfortable than over correcting either eye.