Does anyone have any suggestions on flattening your stomach in a month

Options
I’m almost at my weight gain goal but now I want flattening my stomach.

Replies

• SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    :|
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Eat less
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Probably going to take longer than a month. And depending on your stats, could require either cutting more fat and/or gaining muscle.

This! ^^
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
    How much do you weight?
    How much weight did you gain?
    How long did it take you to gain it?
    Did you do any exercise during your weight gain?

As stated above generally getting a flat stomach takes more than a month unless you are already pretty close to that. The only way to make really noticeable changes over a short term is to ensure you get adequate fiber, water, and fats as well as avoiding foods that might make you bloat.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    usmcmp wrote: »
    How tall are you?
    How much do you weight?

As stated above generally getting a flat stomach takes more than a month unless you are already pretty close to that. The only way to make really noticeable changes over a short term is to ensure you get adequate fiber, water, and fats as well as avoiding foods that might make you bloat.

Not sure why someone would woo this (I have my guess as to who). I'm seeking more information.

Maybe the OP is technically underweight and was forced to gain weight from an ED recovery center/team. Maybe the OP is obese and thought they had to gain weight to add muscle before losing weight because someone said they would end up skin and bones.
    Maybe the OP is an aspiring bikini competitor and is planning on doing a show in a month and wants a crash diet.

Context is important to giving someone quality advice.

I went over this several times and don't get the woo either.

Maybe it was the part about reducing bloat?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    How tall are you?
    How much do you weight?

Not sure why someone would woo this (I have my guess as to who). I'm seeking more information.

Maybe the OP is technically underweight and was forced to gain weight from an ED recovery center/team. Maybe the OP is obese and thought they had to gain weight to add muscle before losing weight because someone said they would end up skin and bones.
    Maybe the OP is an aspiring bikini competitor and is planning on doing a show in a month and wants a crash diet.

Context is important to giving someone quality advice.

I went over this several times and don't get the woo either.

Maybe it was the part about reducing bloat?

We should not have any issues with bloat now should we as women?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Check out the "so you want a flat stomach" thread

Since I have that link, here ya go, OP

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Probably going to take longer than a month. And depending on your stats, could require either cutting more fat and/or gaining muscle.

Probably A LOT longer than a month depending on the factors mentioned above plus genetics.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,720 MFP Moderator
    Options
    alicebhsia wrote: »
    75 or more full situps everyday or night will seriously help flatten your stomach

Unless you have diastasis recti, in which case 75 situps a night is one of the worst things you can do. ;)

OP - can you give us a bit more info?