Best food for ulcerative colitis

Options
2»

Replies

• mor72
    mor72 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi Ray, not sure if you will see this, but i will give you my input. I have been in remission for nearly 5 years now. I follow a diet called SCD. Is mainly low carb food. If you check this site out it might help you. https://scdlifestyle.com/2018/01/ulcerative-colitis-natural-treatment-and-prevention/
    I do know flour, wheat , milk, pasta, rice, artificial sugar and normal sugar ect affect me. I found eating low carb i am alright. Normal day Scramble egge with full fat cream for breakfast ,meat with mix salad and full fat mayo for lunch. And in the evening meat and vegetables with full fat t mayo. I found when i was eating low fat products i got bad flare ups, hence full fat. Anyway hooe this will help you.
  • skootfairy
    skootfairy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Ray. I saw your message about only getting to 1500 cal and not reaching your 2000 some goal. I found when I was on an illumination diet to try to find the foods that triggered me I only got half of my recommended daily calories as well. However I didn’t feel hungry and I didn’t feel deprived because I was eating lots of nutrient dense foods. I think as long as you’re getting the 1000 to 1500 and reaching all of your nutrient goals than the actual calorie count doesn’t matter. What matters is do you feel better? are you in pain? Do you sleep through the night? Do you think about how little energy you have an a day or not? My personal goal is to not have to think about my health for once. If I get through half a day and I realize hey I haven’t thought about how much in pain I am or how little energy I have, or how *kitten* it is to have ulcerative colitis, then I consider that a good day, and I eat more of what ever what I had that made me feel like that. The numbers are just guidelines…
  • allieeveryday
    allieeveryday Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I also have UC, and the only thing I specifically don't eat is meat. I personally found that, along with medication, eating vegetarian (plus fish/seafood on occasion) made me feel significantly better overall. But YMMV. I know that some foods make me feel gross, including most takeout pizza, donuts, and anything that's too oily.