anxiety levels through the roof today!

Options
Igot on scales today and was 10st 3 my anxiety levels are through the roof. I can't eat anything solid in fear of putting another pound on. I'd stopped exercising cos I gain water weight which was sending me over 10st.

I been on slim quick and take 400mcg thryoxine a day for underactive thyroid. I also been supplementing it with T3 off internet when I can get it as GP won't prescribe it. I had got down to 9st 3 then went up to 9st 10. I was sure with the slim quick I'd get back to 9st 3 and hopefully to 8st something.

I can't understand why weight is not dropping off me unless its that I saving my calories so could have a brandy and coke everyday. Though I switched to cheaper cans of Jack Daniels and Cola due to bedroom tax as couldn't afford £26 a bottle for the brandy.

I tried capsiplex with 5HPT recently as Capsiplex had orginally helped me shed loads of weight in the beginning but it no longer works and the slim quick isn't working. I don't eat red meat.. live mainly off salad or veg with fish or quorn and a chicken breast once a week for sunday dinner. I only been on passive trainer bike whilst watching telly in evening as it reduces muscle spasms in legs and stops me getting restless legs all night.

so this morning nothing solid can pass my lips but I am hungry and find myself wondering how many calories in a slice of cucumber for breakfast and if I have an apple as main meal will it be ok if I work calories straight off on bike! Which I know is ridiculous but I'm not sure where to go from here as eating is going to put more weight on and exercising more intensely is going to cause me to gain water weight?

Only thing I can think of is liquid diets off ebay? which I'm just looking at now or if my supermarket shop has a good diet plan I can buy to be delivered tomorrow with some more salad and veg.

Is it possible the thyroxine is interacting with the ingredients of the diet pills and causing me to gain weight instead of lose it?

Help please?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'd stopped exercising cos I gain water weight which was sending me over 10st.

i have no words to explain how that statement makes me feel without being rude...

there are so many health benfits to exercise, regardless of the weight loss element...

back away from the scales.... its just a number, who cares if you're over 10 stone!?
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    i used to have PTSD, depression, insomnia, and adhd...every once in a while it still effects me BUT, i didn't want to take any medication for it and i cope fine, as far as your condition i'm not sure, you should see your doctor or nutritionist. When you work out doing cardio its good to burn more calories than what you eat, but it depends on different factors, how much you weigh,age, gender, and so on. don't starve yourself because your scared of loosing weight that will actually make you gain more!!! as far as water weight goes, everyone gets it, even if you don't workout you will still get water weight, it happens to EVERYONE!!!
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Oh dear.

Firstly, water weight is something that happens to us all, it's not something you need to avoid like the plague.

For example, if I weighed myself once a week (which I do) I weigh myself first thing in the morning, that's when I will be at my lightest for the day. If I weighed myself again the same day, sometime in the evening, I can guarantee you I would have put upto 5lbs on! It doesn't bother me, because if I then weighed myself the following day, it would have returned to normal.

Weight loss is simple, you do not need liquid fad diets from eBay.

Let us say your daily calorie allowance is 1200 calories. So you need to eat 1200 a day, to lose 2lb a week. You can then add in exercise, which will give you a bigger deficit, then you aim to eat back your exercise calories. Ergo, you do not need to be afraid to eat.

Start lifting weights, too. If you weight lift, you will hold on to lean muscle mass as you lose weight, and muscle is far more compact than fat, so even though you may not see the scale move, you will indeed lose inches from various parts of your anatomy.

Moral of the story - Eat fresh, no processed good food. Drink water and exercise, then watch the fat melt away.

Hope this helps.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Ocado have Complan, Atkins, Maxitone or Bio-synergy skinny protein liquid diet plans that could be delivered tomorrow which is best?
  • katz6910
    katz6910 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Do you take anything for your anxiety?
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Ocado have Complan, Atkins, Maxitone or Bio-synergy skinny protein liquid diet plans that could be delivered tomorrow which is best?

please just eat real food.
  • katz6910
    Options

please just eat real food.

+1 for this advice ^^^
  • shakybabe
    Options
    oh.. hadn't seen these replies when I put my last comment I thought only my question was still on!

I have been trying to eat healthy and I had previously been exercising. I do weigh first thing in morning with no clothes on.

I have had high sugar cravings lately only thing I'm thinking is diabetes or someone mentioned gluten free tends to give you more sugar cravings as I've been gluten free for nearly two years no, but eating regular wheat products would make me gain water weight so just dropped all bread.

I am 44 and been wheelchair user since 2005.

Only other thing I can think is thyroid isn't working properly or maybe diet pills combined with thyroxine is having opposite effect ro stopping them working? Someone in a thyroid group mentioned adrenal fatigue when I mentioned I have hyperpigmentation coming as stripe across forehead and down right temple. I didn't mention diet etc to them just it the pigment problem could be related to Hypothyroidism.. so wondering if the dieting (for about 2yrs now) could have possible cause adrenal fatigue? or whether that was from the brandy? ( ie liver toxicity) ..as I've tried water pills, laxatives, gluten free, fat burners, exercising on empty stomach at 5am, burning off every calorie i eat on the pedals.. usually on them as eating or straight after... but the lowest I could get down to 9st 3 and still couldn't get a flat tummy, its now going back on again.
  • cerenia
    cerenia Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat, your body will go into starvation mode anyway, not good, and it'll make you a lot worse, when I was eating 1200 and burning off about half of those a day, I was constantly tired, my skin looked dull dispite all the water I was drinking, and I was miserable not losing weight - back up to 1600 cals, and i started losing again.
  • shakybabe
    Options

no depression meds cause weight gain as side effect.
  • Rarity2013
    Rarity2013 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I think you should print out your comments here and take them to your doctor for a frank discussion about how you're feeling right now. I really don't think this is just about your weight or health.
  • katz6910
    Options
    oh.. hadn't seen these replies when I put my last comment I thought only my question was still on!

I have been trying to eat healthy and I had previously been exercising. I do weigh first thing in morning with no clothes on.

I have had high sugar cravings lately only thing I'm thinking is diabetes or someone mentioned gluten free tends to give you more sugar cravings as I've been gluten free for nearly two years no, but eating regular wheat products would make me gain water weight so just dropped all bread.

I am 44 and been wheelchair user since 2005.

Only other thing I can think is thyroid isn't working properly or maybe diet pills combined with thyroxine is having opposite effect ro stopping them working? Someone in a thyroid group mentioned adrenal fatigue when I mentioned I have hyperpigmentation coming as stripe across forehead and down right temple. I didn't mention diet etc to them just it the pigment problem could be related to Hypothyroidism.. so wondering if the dieting (for about 2yrs now) could have possible cause adrenal fatigue? or whether that was from the brandy? ( ie liver toxicity) ..as I've tried water pills, laxatives, gluten free, fat burners, exercising on empty stomach at 5am, burning off every calorie i eat on the pedals.. usually on them as eating or straight after... but the lowest I could get down to 9st 3 and still couldn't get a flat tummy, its now going back on again.

You need to go back to your dr about the anxiety. 10st 3lb is within your healthy weight range (as stated on your profile) but I'm sure that not eating or doing a liquid diet will do you far more harm than good!
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options

With all due respect, medication does not cause weight gain, eating too much food does.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

you have interesting priorities...
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I don't think alcohol and anti-depressants are a good combo, been there, done that, maybe once in a while but not everyday
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Get a grip and step away from the scales and this is coming from someone who weighs herself everyday. You didn't put it on in a week and you are not going to lose it in a week. Don't even look at any of these silly diet plans that you have to pay money for, they don't work! I know, because I have tried lots of silly fad diets and it resulted in me losing some weight and then putting more back on and yo yoing like that for years till I got a grip. Work out your BMR/TDEE see how many cals you should be eating for weight loss and eat them. Exercise, not only will it help with weight loss but also fittness, engery and state of mind. You won't lose a stone in a week but you will lose the weight you want to lose consistently and over time and the most important thing, as you have learned good eating habits THE WEIGHT WILL STAY OFF. Thyroxin is not a magic diet pill but should stop you piling on weight like mine does. Stop taking other tablets from the internet, you don't even know what is in them. If the doctor hasn't prescibed them for you then I'm sure there is a good reason.

Sorry to go on a massive rant but I really want you to see what you are doing to yourself. Hopefully you will take this advice and other sensible advice on here on board and you will be a lot happier and healthier for it. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • katz6910
    Options
    I have to say that I think your mental health needs to be addressed before your weight. I know plenty of people who take anti depressants without gaining a single lb.
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I also been supplementing it with T3 off internet when I can get it as GP won't prescribe it.

I'm going to ignore what everyone else is saying and just ask WHY? to the above.

Very stupid and dangerous to self-medicate, especially over the internet....who knows what you're really taking? Get back to you doctor for some proper advice....or change doctors.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options

This makes no sense to me. Take the meds, then it will help you with your anxiety and you will stop being so obsessed over a number on the scale, rather than going round in this vicious circle all the time.

Edited to add: It is also proven that exercise can help with things like anxiety and stress. It releases a 'happy hormone'. Stopping exercising will not help you in the slightest.
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Very true. I used to suffer a little from anxiety, but exercise has really made a difference, not just to my body, but my mind too!!!!