New goal?

Once you hit maintenance and are recomped to your satisfaction - what fitness goals have you chosen to pursue? I'm shocked to find myself in this spot, but I'm at a healthy weight and BF% and I'm not sure what to do next. I like goals to keep me motivated, just continuing along is not enough for me.

So far, I've been focusing more on form for strength and speed for cardio, but I'd love to hear from others. I thnk I need to make those goals more specific to really make progress.

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,099 Member
    BULK! LOL
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I can only say CONGRATULATIONS! and point in the general direction of the fitness and exercise forum.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    What do you want to be able to do?

Run a marathon, squat xxxlbs, do a 24 hour zumba-thon....
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,735 Member
    Congrats on reaching your goals! New goals would be dependent on what you like to do workout-wise. Setting specific mileage goals if you run or walk and increasing weight amounts if you lift would be a good place to start.

Personally, I downloaded a push-up challenge app and a plank app and I use those to keep me moving forward. There are countless other ones you could use with varying exercises.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    What challenges you? What do you enjoy most and want to improve on?

Do you want to be faster and go longer distances, train for a race, lift heavier and break PR's, have aesthetic goals?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    My goals are related to performance and enjoyment. It was the performance goals that drove my recomp rather than recomp being a standalone goal.

Cycle further, faster, more power, new places, new events, same events but faster, new PBs.
    Lift more weight.

I have short term and long term goals, some realistic, some optimistic.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    I have to say I'm just happy chugging along the maintenance road with a good level of fitness... if I can keep on being like this I'm happy :smile:
  • Falklang
    Falklang Posts: 220 Member
    When I get to my goal weight and BF percentage, I want to improve my core to be able to do calisthenics movements (upside down hand stand etc) and to improve my fighting capabilities. I either want to go back to doing Karate or some other form of Martial Art :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I have to say I'm just happy chugging along the maintenance road with a good level of fitness... if I can keep on being like this I'm happy :smile:

Same here :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I learn new skills, swimming, snorkelling, kayaking, rock climbing and rappelling, horse type animal riding, etc.

I plan my holidays around doing something I haven't done/not skilled in, then have a year to learn/improve on it.

This year was going to be crewing an Americas Cup Yacht, unfortunately it got ruined in the storms around the Caribbean, I will sit around the pool and practice cocktail sampling instead.

Doing my regular exercises makes sure I have the basic fitness level to learn and perform the new skills competently, and, fortunately (fingers crossed) , without injury.

Exercise isn't my forte, so having a fun goal really keeps me in the game.
    I have been maintaining 8 yr and this has served me well so far.

Cheers, h.
    Okay, you have my curiosity! Cow, lama, donkey, camel, moose, zebra?