popcorn good or bad?

2»

Replies

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,246 Member
    Love it, but have to enjoy only occasionally because I can't just eat a small amount. I use an air-popper and then add a scant amount of butter and salt then munch down the whole bowl. A friend here on MFP suggested adding nutritional yeast and that makes for an interesting "cheesy" flavor without a ton of calories.

As far as the popcorn hulls getting stuck in your gums, it's a calculated risk. A water pik takes care of that issue!

• fatal_degree
    fatal_degree Posts: 22 Member
    1/4 cup air popped with a light spray of coconut oil from the can, topped with fake cheese powder or a light salt or salt & 1tsp sugar for the "kettle" experience...mmmm Low cal and great for after dinner munchie attacks

In the summer I do a farm market where my neighbor vendor has a 100yo cast iron corn popper....he does a caramel blended with bacon & cheddar corn, it makes my heart sing when I get a "perfect bite" where all 3 are together. I don't even want to know what the cals in his is, but in the summer I am active enough to not worry 'bout it.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    I loooooooooooooooooooooooooove popcorn. It's a regular part of my diet. Helps ya poop, and gives you a nice salty fix. Nice volume for 150 calories for the pre-popped and seasoned stuff. I can moderate it better than I can salty chips, so it's a win for me.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,317 Member
    flippy1234 wrote: »
    Is popcorn a good or bad snack? I eat it with just a little salt. Or should I find something else? Trying to lose some weight.

Its better than Nachos and cheese dip when watching a movie