Leg pain!!

Options
leslienicole318
leslienicole318 Posts: 86 Member
edited January 2018 in Fitness and Exercise
I worked out for the first time in about 2 years (seriously) today. I did an hour long Pilates class (it was really hard!!) Now my legs are insanely crampy and painful! I know it's from actually using my leg muscles, but I want the pain to go away! How do y'all get leg pain from working out to go away? Hot bath? Heating pad? Gentle massaging? I'll take any tips! Thanks

Replies

• ladylilly7
    ladylilly7 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    hot bath with epsom salts and eat lots of banana! I have this issue and that is the only thing that helps that and drinks plenty of plain water
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    All these things will help. The other thing that helps is learning to pace yourself in class so you can get a workout that's good "for you" without overdoing it and causing too much pain and/or injury.
  • miahneela
    miahneela Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    All of the above and also a long stretching session will help aswell.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    Going hard on anything when not ready is the culprit. The treatments are heat, cold, Advil, massage and, most of all, time. Don't lay around the house the next day. Get those muscles moving!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    if it's really really really bad and it hasn't started to subside after two or three days, then personally i'd try adding a little advil into the mix, to help with managing inflammation.