How would you log in kettlebell workout?

Options
I have a 10kg kettlebell, if I was to do You tube workout 30 min long how do I log this?

Kettlebell is not on a list , do I log it same as strenght training through cardio or how ?

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I would log it as the Strength Training entry from the Cardio list.
  • kenhepting
    kenhepting Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Or you can log it as circuit training.
  • Jeepfreak81
    Jeepfreak81 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Depends on the kettlebell moves you're doing. If you're doing a lot of swings, that's as much cardio as jogging really. I got into Kettlebelling recently also and I love it. I use a lot of Greg's Kettlebell workouts, look him up if you aren't familiar, he's highly respected in regard to kettlebell workouts.
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    It depends on the type of Kettlebell work you are doing. If you are practicing movements with a focus on strength, I would log it as strength training. If you are doing work that is 30seconds on 30 seconds off and you are moving pretty quick I would log it as circuit training. If you post the video, I could tell you exactly how I would log it.
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Depends on the kettlebell moves you're doing. If you're doing a lot of swings, that's as much cardio as jogging really. I got into Kettlebelling recently also and I love it. I use a lot of Greg's Kettlebell workouts, look him up if you aren't familiar, he's highly respected in regard to kettlebell workouts.

I checked him out. As someone who has been training primarily with Kettlebells for the past two years, I wouldn't trust this guy with my body. In his words,"through trial and error he has figured out how to use Kettlebells effectively". I expected to see either a Kettlebell sport certification, an RKC certification, or a Strongfirst certification and didn't see any of those. Instead, I saw really poor rack position and wrist position on both him and his models. His marketing, however, is fantastic.

If you like his workouts, that's great but please take a look at Enter the Kettlebell or Simple and Sinister for technique. I will link the companion video for Enter the Kettlebell. Train safe and have fun:-)
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cKx8xE8jJZs