Where to find "high protein" recipes

Options
mytime6630
mytime6630 Posts: 4,207 Member
Does anyone know a website where I can find more recipes, geared at high protein? My husband and I are trying to eat more protein, but he does not like just plain chicken (complains it is dry and no taste), does not like fish at all, and complains that a pot roast is also boring. So I am at a loss as to what to cook (other than egg whites!)
I am looking for recipes where I can add ingredients to flavor up, without carbs or unhealthy stuff. I'm not having much luck finding much.
Can anyone either share some recipes, or direct me to a site that they like for ideas on high protein, low carbs?
thanks

Replies

• debeaniebaby
    debeaniebaby Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. As I don't eat meat, am a bit funny about eggs, and only eat salmon and tuna fish. My carbs are always way over!
  • wefts
    wefts Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    beans , lentils, cheese, almonds,Yogurt ( specially Greek or Icelandic) , chia seed protein powder ( I make a smoothie each morning with some fiber protein powder yogurt and often chia seed ) Chicken Thighs are juicer than chicken breasts , and chicken breasts are more moist and flavorful if cooked in broth or savory vegetables and not overcooked . I would look at what foods he likes and see if there is a way to make it in a healthy manor with less calories ,
  • natalie_j_livingstone
    Options
    Love to bake my chicken breast with salsa. Can also sprinkle with a little cheese. Kid approved in my house so probably husband approved too haha
  • axelb22
    axelb22 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Pintrest has a lot of Keto recipes.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Foods I can think of with the best protein:calorie ratio have already been considered - skinless chicken breast, most fish, egg whites. Maybe this is too much like fish, but what about shrimp? If you hunt, I'm pretty sure rabbit is very lean (would have to look to verify).

The alternative is a low carb protein powder. There are some protein powders with 0g carbs. If also 0g fat, then the protein:calorie ratio can't get any better because 100% of the calories are coming from protein.

I struggle with this also because I'm small and my RMR is quite low, but I also lift and am trying to either build or maintain muscle. To get 190g-200g of protein with 1,800 calories daily (RMR + 20%) is tough. I eat exercise calories, but that still means I either eat too little protein or too many calories. The easiest way around that problem is choosing foods with a high protein:calorie ratio.
  • parthdivecha818
    parthdivecha818 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My profile. :)
  • lizward18294
    lizward18294 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Look at the grass fed beef option. I have been doing keto friendly foods and am never hungry and hubby is also losing weight. Do not be afraid of healthy fats and go organic grass fed beef recipes.
  • lizward18294
    lizward18294 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try looking at some keto Indian and make your paneer. Delicious and high protein.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of skinless chicken breast suggested - what about the dark meat chicken? cook the thighs & leave the skin on it's much better with the fat- turkey thighs too - they are great on squat day - Eastcoast Jim