What's awesome about you?

Options

Replies

• dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I'm so literal I had to look up the word awesome to try to think of something...there is nothing "awesome" about me

LIES!!!!
  • mybfisred
    mybfisred Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I posted a Romy and Michele gif today

Ha! Named my first dog romy thanks to this amazing movie :D
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Iscah13 wrote: »
    I use the dominos pizza tracker.

You kiss your mother with that mouth?
  • W8WarI
    W8WarI Posts: 567 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    A few weeks ago, during a Christmas program featuring my kids (I’m a teacher), a gentleman in the audience suffered a heart attack.
    I happened to catch it when he dropped the cup he was holding. He slumped back in his chair, and I went running for him. A few others had noticed also, so they also came to his aid, and helped lower him to the floor.
    Two moms in my class began CPR.
    Being someone who works in the school, I knew where the AED is. I ran to it, threw it at my boss, who was leaning over the man, and then we both administered the pads to his chest.
    The machine did the analysis, and said, “Shock Advised.”
    I’ll never forget those words!
    I pushed the button to administer the shock. Terrifying for many reasons.
    The shock was successful, and he “came to” a short while later.
    He was immediately transported to the nearest hospital, where he received a stint in his heart. Turns out, it’s his FIFTH.
    I was told that had we not administered the shock, he wouldn’t have made it.
    This still traumatizes me to his day!

YOU'RE AN AWESOME o:)!
  • mybfisred
    Options
    My contouring skills

io5d2hp8hmr0.gif
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago, during a Christmas program featuring my kids (I’m a teacher), a gentleman in the audience suffered a heart attack.
    I happened to catch it when he dropped the cup he was holding. He slumped back in his chair, and I went running for him. A few others had noticed also, so they also came to his aid, and helped lower him to the floor.
    Being someone who works in the school, I knew where the AED is. I ran to it, threw it at my boss, who was leaning over the man, and then we both administered the pads to his chest.
    He was immediately transported to the nearest hospital, where he received a stint in his heart. Turns out, it’s his FIFTH.

wow congrats you are a rock star

i'm awesome because i've become so laid back. i don't fight my temper has subsided
  • AnnieH_4512
    AnnieH_4512 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options

As a follow-up, if the building you work in has an AED machine, please be trained in how to use it! It’s pretty idiot-proof, but it doesn’t hurt to be a little more comfortable with it. Before this incident happened, I had just had my annual CPR/First Aid training, so it was all still pretty fresh.
  • CaptainFantastic00
    CaptainFantastic00 Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    I was gonna say my butt, but may be missing the mark of the thread.

Pics for proof please
  • CaptainFantastic00
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I'm so literal I had to look up the word awesome to try to think of something...there is nothing "awesome" about me

44moqdsjmi1i.gif
  • CaptainFantastic00
    Options
    Honestly i just like to make people smile.

I think that's pretty ok
  • AnnieH_4512
    AnnieH_4512 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Wow.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty creative/crafty and I like my sense of humor. Not to toot my own horn of course! :blush:
  • mybfisred
    Options
    Because I make some pretty amazing soap animals too...i donate to local gyms

x6dnp8uph8cp.png