What's your favorite protein packed snacks or food?

Options
Mines are:

Fage Greek yogurt and strawberries
Eggs,egg whites and ham
Hard boiled eggs
String cheese

What do you guys eat? I am looking for new ideas. I am not a huge fan of protein shakes or bars. But sometime I will have one.

Replies

• strongwouldbenice
    strongwouldbenice Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I've just come across Arla protein yoghurts while travelling in the UK and I love them. 20g of protein and about 10g carbs, they come in at around 145cal and their texture is like mousse. Love it!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    In addition to the ones you already mentioned:

Jerky
    Quest chips
    Cheese crisps
    Veggies with Greek Yogurt dressing

The only protein bars I can stomach: FitCrunch, Pure Protein and Special K 12gP.

I don't like protein shakes either but I love Nectar's Roadside Lemonade protein powder mixed with Minute Maid Light Lemonade. Sometimes with a splash of Sprite Zero.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    i like the sargento snack bite packages - cheese, nuts nd something sweet; or the P3 protein packs (meat, cheese and nuts)
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    My favs for protein snacks are string cheese, peanut butter, cottage cheese, protein bar. I like to pair it with carbs like an apple, crackers, rice cake, banana.
  • Sambo_fitness
    Sambo_fitness Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    yogurt, jerky, shakes, hard boiled egg with mustard.
    Maybe I'm weird? lol
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I make yogurt "frosting" for 100-200 cals. (cocoa plus pb2 or nutella is higher in cals, but oh so yummy!)

Put 15g Truvia powder and 1 tsp water in a pyrex custard dish. Microwave for 30 seconds, if still grainy zap 30 more seconds.

Whisk in up to 10g nut butter of your choice (15 if using nutella), plus a sprinkle of salt. (I use nosalt substitute.)

Add 75g of sugar-free Dannon Light n Fit yogurt of your choice.

Add either 10g Hershey's dark chocolate cocoa powder or 18g PB2. (You can add both, but up the water to 2 tsp.)

Refrigerate overnight to set, or transfer to a small tupperware container and put in the freezer for about 90 min.

I also make a hot no-bake cookie in much the same way.

Boil water in a tea kettle. While waiting, take a large microwave safe cereal bowl and add to it:

10g quick oats
    24g pb2
    25g Truvia powder
    sprinkle of salt/no-salt

When the water is boiling, add about 1/3c to the mix and whisk together.
    Stir in 8g light margarine and a half tbsp vanilla.

microwave one minute and watch closely as it likes to overflow the bowl. Stir, then repeat the microwaving 1 min/stir process 3-4 times, or until the mixture is caramelized to your liking.

sprinkle on 8g dark choc chips and 8g pb chips. i like a little extra salt sprinkled on top. This is about 220cals.

• h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    fage yoghurt
    Arla protein yoghurts
    Precooked chicken from any supermarket

and of course a stash of Protein bars and Jerky for if I am traveling and dont have a fridge !
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    shrimp, tuna pouches, HB eggs, string cheese, beef jerky, cottage cheese
  • _mr_b
    _mr_b Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Nature Valley protein bars are really nice - especially the salted caramel peanut one.