ChaLean Extreme starting 07/13/10

Options
SoliQ
SoliQ Posts: 158 Member
I will be going on Vacation in 4 weeks to visit the my husbands family to South America, I have been doing the 30 day Shred with Jillian Michaels, but I will start Chalean Extreme tomorrow, I have exactly 4 weeks to finish the Burn Fase, I will take keep you posted. I'm ready for the challenge and NOBODY is going to STOP ME. Anybody interested to start with me?

Replies

• determined2bfit
    determined2bfit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi I am currently on my second week of ChaLean Extreme and my second month of Insanity....I would love the extra push as well so we can keep one another motivated....Good luck to you and enjoy your vacation::)
  • SoliQ
    Options
    Cool Thank you, I'm trying to figure out if I should do Chalean in the morning or Jillian? Oh well tomorrow morning will decide, Thank you for the support
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I will be starting ChaLean this week too! Just waiting for it to be delivered! I'm still shredding at the moment - I have been for about 3 months now haha - I do love Jillian but looking forwards to the new challenge!!

Have fun with ChaLean - I will be joining you asap! :)
    -x-x-
  • evelynfarmer
    evelynfarmer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    What kind and size weights are you guys using?
  • determined2bfit
    determined2bfit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    @ SoliQ I find it easier to do ChaLean Extreme first because my body is not overly exhausted and then I am totally pumped for Insanity but by all means whatever you find that works best! @evelynfarmer I am using 10 pound weights and next month I will increase to 15lbs... Chalene recommends for beginners 5-12lb and you want the challenge use the 10-20 range...Chalene uses between 15-25lbs but whatever is giving your body the best resistance without putting too much stress on them.....Good luck and keep us posted!:smile:
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    What kind and size weights are you guys using?

I just finished my first 90-days of CLX (and just started a 20-week ChaLean Extreme/Turbo Fire hybrid). During my first Burn phase, I was using anything between 8 and 20 pounds. 8s mainly for interior and anterior delts (front and back of shoulder) and triceps, but worked up to 12s for those 3 areas. I worked my way up to 15s and 20s by the end of burn for overhead shoulder press, bicep curl, and rows.

That said, everyone's individual starting strength is going to be different. The key is to find that weight where you REALLY max out of fail between 10-12 reps (in the Burn phase). If you want results, that is going to be important.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'd love to join you all. I'm going to start CE tomorrow so that I can sync the rest days up with the days I go to the gym (tues and thurs). I also go to Zumba class once a week, so the day that has Burn It Off and Recharge I probably will do Zumba instead, since I paid for the classes for the next 6 weeks already.

I went and bought 8 lb weights this weekend, so I'm ready to start with 5 and 8 lbs. I don't want to spend a lot of money on weights, since I'm on a bit of a budget, but I've been checking Craigs List every day to see if anyone is selling 10 and 15 lbs, and I'm thinking of just using resistance bands for higher strength. I've used them before with my EA Sports Active for the Wii, and I have a set of yoga bands tied to fabric handles already.

I'm excited to start this program, my weight loss could use a bit of a jump start. I've lost almost 30 pounds already and I've avoided a plateau by changing or adding a new workout every month or two, so this is my latest addition to the routine. I already run intervals twice a week and do Zumba. I had been doing the 30 Day Shred for 2 months but now I'm sick of it. Tonight I'm taking pictures and measurements and tomorrow is Day 1!
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    There is a chalean board if you want to join. If you look at my posts I just posted something. Theres a bunch of people doing it:drinker:
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    Options
    I am not sure what lbs my weights are, I've got 3kg and less but my partner has some ones that you can change the weight of - just looked and the smallest are 10lb which I can then turn into 12lb or 20lb! Christ - I don't have much in-between there do I?! Lol

I also go to the gym a few times a week so I will see how these fit into the ChaLean programme after a few days I imagine! Can't wait!
    -x-x-
  • SoliQ
    Options
    Beautiful, I will finish the 30 day shred and I'm using the 5lbs and for Chalean I used the 5lbs and 20lbs. I will be doing Chalean in he morning so my girls can't play with the weights (safety). Thank you everybody I will read from you soon.
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    Options
    IT'S HERE!!!

I am so excited!! I am going to do the fitness test tonight and start the programme tomorrow - probably in the morning! I just need to have a read through the book tonight and get used to the programme I think!

Here's to the challenge!! :)
    -x-x-
  • SoliQ
    Options
    Don't forget to take measurements, I did it for the fist time so I will see in 4 wks the changes. Good Morning everybody and Don't give up! :flowerforyou:
  • 00trayn
    Options
    I'm all set to go with starting today as well. I did my measurements last night (lost an inch from my hips and waist in a month! whoot!) and I'll take a few pictures tonight too so I have a starting point. I'm going to do the fit test and Burn 1 tonight... can't wait!

I also broke my record of the longest time I've run without stopping last night. I ran for 5 minutes and lived to tell the tale! haha
  • SoliQ
    Options
    Day off according to Chalean's calendar, gotta get those muscles rest but I will continue tomorrow according to schedule, Good Job and I will be checking later for those updates. TY :flowerforyou:

I have not tried to run, soon i will do it!
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Burn Circuit 3 for me today (CLX/Turbo Fire hybrid)...was able to up most of the weights by 5 lbs. from my first 90-day round...needless to say, my shoulders were TOAST at the end!
  • SoliQ
    Options
    Good Job girls, will read from u tomorrow, Good Night
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    Options
    Did my fit test last night and my Day 1 Burn this morning!! It was ALOT slower than I expected (I know it's supposed to be!! Lol) so I'm thinking I will still do some cardio this evening/afternoon to boost my calorie burn.

What does everyone log Chalean as in their exercise diary?

I am going to take my "before" pictures this afternoon (how fun! Lol) I love the book that you get with the programme to chart your progress! I am already gutted that tomorrow is a rest day haha!

00trayn - well done on your personal best on running hun!! I love to run, did my first 5k in June in 25 mins! Not bad for a first timer - and someone who used to be so scared of the treadmill that she would only stroll on it haha! Did you run outdoors or on treadmill?

Are all of you ladies doing other workouts alongside ChaLean? I feel like I should carry on with my usual 2 workouts a day?
    -x-x-
  • 00trayn
    Options
    Day 1 done! I agree that it was a pretty slow pace but it really worked my muscles. My shoulders and inner thighs are sore today. Based on my calorie burn, I'll probably do some short 10-20 minute cardio after the strength training (or possibly before to get my heart rate up during it) to up the calorie burn from it. The 5 lb and 8 lb weights were plenty sufficient. I only managed 12 reps about half of the exercises. I'll need 10 lbs eventually, but I'll stick to these for now.

Since today is a rest day, I'll be off to the gym to try and see if I can run 5 minutes again. I run on the treadmill, about 4.8 mph usually. Lately my intervals have been 3 min run/3 min walk at 3.8 mph, but I'm trying to increase the run time. I've sort of been following C25K, I should write down week 4's plan since it has 5 minute intervals mixed in with shorter ones.

As for logging, I use a HRM so that gives me my calorie burn. There is a cardio exercise for "strength training" to use on those days, and "circuit training" for burn intervals. Yoga would probably fit Recharge, not sure what Burn It Off would be, "aerobics, high intensity" i'm guessing.
  • alysonporter
    alysonporter Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I will get my ChaLean Extreme today and I can't wait! :) How do I get to the Chalean Exreme board that everyone is talking about? Please give me a heads up! I want to join! Thanks so much!
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    Options
    Thanks for that 00trayn - that's what I logged my session today under "strength training". I did the Burn It Off and put it as circuit training but might change it to aerobics! That was a good idea! :)

Your running sounds as though it's really coming on, it's really good to build it up in intervals! You go girl! Let us know how you do with todays run! :)

Thanks also for the idea of adding a bit of cardio to the strength workouts. I usually do 2 seperate workouts a day, a short one in the morning (30-40 mins) and then either a gym session at lunch or a higher intensity workout in the evening (Tae Bo) so aslong as I can still do both I will be happy - I don't want ChaLean to knacker me out so much that it hurts to exercise lol.

Just taken my little boy out for a bike ride and my thighs are on fire!! I am going to need some magic strength for the gym tomorrow haha.

alyfit2 - welcome! The Chalean thread is here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/98091-chalean-extreme

There's loads of people on there at all stages of the programme :) And us beginners on here lol
    -x-x-