Replies

• redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Oooohhhh! Are you talking about food?
  • laele75
    laele75 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    The only issue is the amount of sodium that commercial sandwiches have. A sub from Subway or Quiznos has as much sodium as a cheeseburger.

Also, salads aren't really as healthy as you'd like them to be. Lettuce is a filler food with almost no nutritional value. You'd be much better off having something with calories and nutrients.
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    The only issue is the amount of sodium that commercial sandwiches have. A sub from Subway or Quiznos has as much sodium as a cheeseburger.

Also, salads aren't really as healthy as you'd like them to be. Lettuce is a filler food with almost no nutritional value. You'd be much better off having something with calories and nutrients.

1) Sodium isn't a big deal. Eat as much sodium as you want unless your doctor has you on a sodium restricted diet. See the CDC's latest recommendations on sodium.
    2) Lettuce has very good nutritional value per calorie. 72g of iceberg lettuce has 10 calories, 1 net carb, 1 gram of protein, and a good amount of vitamins (when compared to the overall calorie content).
  • saanaismom
    saanaismom Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Calories wise subs are fine - sodium wise they're killer. I've been surprised more than once (steak and cheese, and the chicken). I say log it first and see if the macronutrients fit within your goals.
  • electrokinetic
    Options
    LOL @ K_Serz

I lost lbs years ago eating primarily subway, biking 4+ miles a day and copious amounts of booze (college). Nowadays, subway is one of the few meals that I can eat and I actually feel full. A few noodles an co dishes also do it too.
  • Shesaid_destroy
    Options
    -My approach is to never go hungry.

Amen to that! I couldn't agree more!

Now as far as subs etc... In my opinion, Subway is probably one of the least 'bad' places you could go to when you haven't had the time to fix your own lunch. I don't know how 'good' their bread is (maybe full os sugars and saturated fats, maybe even trans) but still not a bad choice in my opinion.