Maintaining weight

Options
Hey,
I’ve been on mfp for a year now and I’m happy with my weight loss. I’m now around the 10 stone mark and I’m pretty happy to stay around this. I’ve recently started the gym, going around 2/3 times a week. My eating isn’t the best at all times. I have days where I eat around 1,500 calories but then today for example I’m struggling to stay under 2000. Do you think I need to be stricter on my eating or can I relax a little now I’ve joined the gym?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Maintenance has little to do with gym or no gym, or eating perfectly. Your weight stays stable - and it will still fluctuate - if you over time eat enough, but not too much. Look at your average intake over a week and keep monitoring your weight regularly. Welcome to maintenance :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    abicuffyxx wrote: »
    Hey,
    I’ve been on mfp for a year now and I’m happy with my weight loss. I’m now around the 10 stone mark and I’m pretty happy to stay around this. I’ve recently started the gym, going around 2/3 times a week. My eating isn’t the best at all times. I have days where I eat around 1,500 calories but then today for example I’m struggling to stay under 2000. Do you think I need to be stricter on my eating or can I relax a little now I’ve joined the gym?

You just need to find maintenance. How many cals were you eating when you were losing weight?
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I always hit my weekly goals but typically go over one or two days.