Trying to do this the healthy way :)

Options
Hello! I've been on MFP before when I was around 16 (was at 164 pounds) but had to stop as I was dealing with disordered eating and other mental health issues that were exacerbated by focusing so much on trying to lose weight. At 20 I had gained 40-50 pounds after my parents divorce and my worsening depression (which I later found out was part of what would become a PTSD diagnosis last spring). I started having other health problems that are still undiagnosed, and since March of 2017 I've been following a gluten/grain/dairy/refined-sugar-free diet to keep my symptoms under control. An awesome result that I didn't expect, in addition to keeping my flares under control, was that I lost 25 pounds. I'm now starting at 176 and hoping to get to 150, maybe 140. I found out that I wasn't eating enough, so I'm hoping that this will help me stay accountable to taking care of my body.

My goal is to use MFP to be mindful of my eating, but not let it control me. I hope I can meet some more people as well!

Replies