Need advice

Options
Am I eating enough?? I need to lose 30lbs I eat around 1400-1700 calories a day with all my walking etc my net calories at the end of the week is around 890 and the scales are not going down

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? How much did you tell MFP you want to lose per week? How many calories has MFP given you to eat?

Also, how are you measuring your calorie intake?
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    How long have you been attempting to change your ways with a goal of losing some weight?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Am I eating enough? is probably not the question you need to ask, because if you want to lose weight, you have to eat less. If you aren't losing weight, or not losing as expected, you have to check if you're really losing weight, or if your expectations are off. Have you been weighing yourself regularly for at least three weeks, while eating and moving like you are doing now? Did your expect to lose more than 1% of your bodyweight per week?

Am I logging correctly? is the question you most likely have to ask (yourself). You have to log everything you eat or drink that has calories, you have to check that the database entry is correct and the same as the actual item you are using, you have to weigh it and log the amount you are eating/drinking, you have to use the recipe builder the same way, you have to hit your calorie target every day, and you have to eat back no more than 75% percent of your exercise calories.
  • suenewberry81
    suenewberry81 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 5 178lbs been dieting since 27th December I've lost 6lbs I gained 1lb last week weigh in is Tuesday's so will see if it's another gain
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,826 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Your problem is that your magically expect that two single weigh-in measurements a week apart are more significant than any two weigh-ins mesurements 24 hours apart.

Reducing the number of samples does not, surprisingly, enhance your ability to estimate your curent underlying weight level.

A trending weight website or application might help you a little bit in that regard.

Weight loss is not linear etc.