I did it....

Options
Cbaka27
Cbaka27 Posts: 35 Member
Yesterday was my 46th birthday and my 304th day of logging. It was also the day that I reached my goal of 70 lbs lost. SW 248.5 CW 178.5 GW 178.5! I'm really excited but also nervous. For those of you who have reached your GW how the transition to maintainance? I am nervous with the large jump in Calories that MFP says to now eat. Would love to hear other stories.

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I still haven't figured out how to transition to maintenance. I've got to again lose the 30 lb I gained celebrating my goal.
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You have achieved a tremendous goal!
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    Just increase your daily calories very slooowly (don't go gun-ho), until you reach your maintenance number. It is really a try and error ride. Eventually you will find the balance. If you keep loosing weight, add few more calories; if you gain weight, decrease your intake. Just don't get discourage, and don't go back to unhealthy eating habits, if you had any.
    Congratulations on achieving your goals. Well done!
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Cbaka27 wrote: »
    Yesterday was my 46th birthday and my 304th day of logging. It was also the day that I reached my goal of 70 lbs lost. SW 248.5 CW 178.5 GW 178.5! I'm really excited but also nervous. For those of you who have reached your GW how the transition to maintainance? I am nervous with the large jump in Calories that MFP says to now eat. Would love to hear other stories.

Congratulations on achieving your GW, I got to my GW a couple of months ago, the transition to maintenance seemed to have happened automatically, as I had lost body strength and decided to go onto a weight & cardio training.

Still logging all my food intake, which has increased but my weight stayed relatively stable and under my GW. My advice keep logging your food intake. Hope this helps
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!