Zumba...?

So I’m giving Kinect Zumba a chance. I was wondering how successful is this game and how much weight have you lost?

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    ive done zumba classes in the past.

im not a video game/ work out at home person. i need to be in the gym or dance studio.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    I liked Zumba class so I got Zumba World Tour for my XBOX. It's just not as much fun for me at home. I never use it. I prefer the class with other people.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    you lose weight through a calorie deficit - not a specific game or exercise.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited January 2018
    Zumba sounds so fun but honestly i wouldnt see myself doing very well when no ones watcing at it lol. From what i gather, Its a social type of thing. But i guess if you do the movement your doing the movement. Up to you if you find it fun home alone or not lol. Exercise is exercise :p
  • NenaPunPun2241
    NenaPunPun2241 Posts: 73 Member
    Zumba at home can be fun if you like dancing on your own. But if you need other people around you to push yourself further and go harder then don’t purchase it. I’d say connect to YouTube and try some of the routines they have there to see if you’d even like doing it by yourself and to see if you’ll be honest to yourself in giving it your all.
    I only use YouTube videos but I’ve taken classes so I change some movements. I tend to Zumba between 20-60 minutes depending on how much I’ve already worked out that day.
    You can lose weight while doing Zumba but you have to make sure you’re eating at a deficit and that it’s clean food. Everyone loses weight differently and even the type of Zumba routines you pick affect how much you’re going to lose
    I’ve never done only Zumba for fitness so I can’t say I’ve lost ‘x’ because of it