Military Diet

Is there anyone who has done this diet? A friend told me about it almost two years ago. I didn’t realize it was considered a “fad”. She was dead serious about it. I am now in much worse health and shape and desperate to lose some weight. All intentions are to begin tomorrow. I would love to hear any feedback from someone on their personal experience.

Thanks

Replies

• W8WarI
    W8WarI Posts: 567 Member
    Just consume less, than what you currently do; of what you already eat/drink {if it, has calories}!
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    It's an idiotic crash diet that may result in an initial drop and then nothing. Don't bother.

What sort of food do you actually enjoy eating? Eat that. But less of it. Use a food scale, figure out which macro helps keep you satisfied and go from there.

All this.
  • jlynn1991
    jlynn1991 Posts: 50 Member
    I’ve done it before subsituting things to make it vegetarain friendly. Also opting for whole wheat bread over white and greek yogurt or low fat ice cream over the regular vanilla ice cream.

I lost 17 pounds doing 3 rounds. 3 days on, 4 off. Macros are pretty balanced too. But, it is a temporary deal. If you aren’t actively changing your lifestyle, you will regain when you’re through the cycle. And that day 2 is awfully hard to stick to, keep yourself busy!

You’ll be much happier eating healthy, less calorie food and having snack allowances like suggested previously. But if you just wanted to know about immediate results, this will do it.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,701 MFP Moderator
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal. A growing list of support resources can be found in our Eating Disorder Resources page.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Sugar
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.