Stephanie Buttermore on artificial sweeteners

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Good video. Covered very good points on the myths that the media and "natural" sites exaggerate about how "bad" artificial sweeteners are for your body. But also showed how the correlation between weight gain and artificial sweeteners have some evidence supported by how people consume calories along with artificial sweeteners.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I really like how more radicalized members on MFP (or even the IIFYM community) have become ever since they "discovered" the concept of energy balance.

Anything that suggests maybe there's a good reason to limit consumption of x is automatically "WOO".

=/
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    But yes, the video has solid information. Luckily i'm not one of the individuals who over-compensates on sugar and calories when drinking diet sodas. >:)
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    r5ecmo59uawf.jpg

I think I’m triggering a bunch of people who could save themselves some smug self satisfaction if they took they trouble to observe what they think they are commenting on.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Honestly, we constantly tell people here not to get their info from you tube, so when I saw this posted with no explanation I assumed it would be woo you wanted to make fun of and didn't bother clicking through. It wouldn't surprise me if other people are making the same assumption.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    There's plenty of good and bad info everywhere, not sure I've ever seen YouTube singled out. Anyways, for some actual science, do click through. It wasn't meant to be a mean trap.