Type 2 diabetic wanting to bring A1c down from 7.0

Options
2»

Replies

• Hello_Gucci
    Hello_Gucci Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @dsboohead, yes I am pretty small, i was 135 when i was diagnosed. Diabetes is something i inherited from my mother. My oldest was also diagnosed with diabetes. Which unfortunately lead them to kidney failure and than dialysis. After years of treatments they both got transplants a couple year apart and are now living their best life. He crazy thing is that i changed my career and decided to be a Hemodialysis Technician, lol
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    @dsboohead, yes I am pretty small, i was 135 when i was diagnosed. Diabetes is something i inherited from my mother. My oldest was also diagnosed with diabetes. Which unfortunately lead them to kidney failure and than dialysis. After years of treatments they both got transplants a couple year apart and are now living their best life. He crazy thing is that i changed my career and decided to be a Hemodialysis Technician, lol

Wow what a story! Is your son type1 or 2?
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options

Have they evaluated you for type 1 -- so measuring insulin production, and all that? You sound more like a LADA/type 1 than you do type 2.