Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Sore muscles after intense work out?

2»

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Also take ten minutes after every workout and stretch, it will make a marked difference immediately if you're not doing it already.
  • joseccastaneda
    joseccastaneda Posts: 267 Member
    I end up using BCAAs in my water for a couple of days after my workout. You don't really need BCAA is your protein intake is adequate. Mine tends to be all over the place so I use them. Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs)
  • ashleyrebekah392
    ashleyrebekah392 Posts: 50 Member
    What always helps me is extra stretching and drinking tons of water!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    caiteh86 wrote: »
    This is going to sound really weird...but sometimes I rub horse liniment on my sore muscles and it really works lol

Wow....no that does not sound weird.

That's actually an old fashioned remedy, liniment used to be a big thing in sports locker rooms and non-equine forms would include Absorbing Junior, Tiger Balm and Bengay. It's really a mild topical irritant that takes advantage of some quirks in our pain reception.

all i can think of now is richard e. grant smearing himself with horse liniment in withnail and i. 'liar. you've got antifreeze!'

um, just me probably. er, carry on.

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    caiteh86 wrote: »
    This is going to sound really weird...but sometimes I rub horse liniment on my sore muscles and it really works lol

Wow....no that does not sound weird.

That's actually an old fashioned remedy, liniment used to be a big thing in sports locker rooms and non-equine forms would include Absorbing Junior, Tiger Balm and Bengay. It's really a mild topical irritant that takes advantage of some quirks in our pain reception.

all i can think of now is richard e. grant smearing himself with horse liniment in withnail and i. 'liar. you've got antifreeze!'

um, just me probably. er, carry on.

LOL, I'll have to check that up.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Make sure to stretch stretch stretch to avoid tightening up too much and foam rolling while initilly hurts is absolutely going to feel so much better
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Foam roller
    Epson salt bath

I knew about the salt...but foam roller really?

Why so skeptical?

Not skeptical..just never heard of foam

I thought in another thread you mentioned being an active recreational cyclist. Strikes me as unusual not to be aware of basic recovery tools.