Slow and Steady Wins The Race.... well, for me anyway... :)

Options
Hey :smile:

So, I used My Fitness Pal back in 2011/12 when I was getting married and it worked a treat...but I did A LOT of exercise too - like, ridiculous amounts. :o

Nowadays, I tend to loose motivation after a month or two of starting to get fit and healthy, and so, I am taking a different approach by sorting my diet out and loosing some lbs first, before gradually introducing exercise - mostly so that I don't get all negative once I see my weight stall or come off less frequently; which tends to happen when I start to exercise. :s

Thus far my plan is working - loosing 6.5lbs in 3 weeks, and I am really positive about the changes I have made so far... which help me to stay motivated and on track. :smiley:

If anyone is in a similar boat/wants to be friends for motivation, please feel free to add me and we can keep each other motivated. :wink:

Good luck on your journey, and, remember, it does work... :#

Replies

• dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    It's certainly slow and steady for me, been her for over four years and still going. At least I'm
    Not gaining. Good luck to you
  • RubinaKochar
    RubinaKochar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering similar thing. I earlier lost ~38 lbs by creating a 700 Cal deficit. I gained back most of it during marriage and pregnancy years. Now I'm back here but I can create a deficit of 300-400 calories and no more. Sometimes I worry about the snail's pace that I am. But atleast I'm losing.
    Sorry to steal your thread. Rant over.
  • Jasp03
    Jasp03 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady for sure! As for your comment about stalling out when you start exercising, chances are this is because you're losing the fat and gaining muscle. In that case, you won't see the results on the scale, but if you were to keep progress photos of yourself, I'm sure you'd see the changes visually on you.

Good luck!
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I had stalled out & recently changed to eating only during 8 hours each day. Im not quite sure if this is officially Intermittent Fasting or not but I am eating the same number of calories & showing losses that are pretty satisfying, so you might consider trying that out.