Why, Coca-Cola? Why? :'(

Options
Verity1111
Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
The new Ginger-Lime Diet Coca-Cola is sad. I imagine it is what the taste of the original Diet Coke with Lime's watered down tears taste like. The tears of being abandoned for such a pathetic imitation. So sad. I will try Fiesty Cherry tonight, but I feel I will likely be mourning the loss of Diet Coke with Cherry very soon.

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Can you still get diet cherry vanilla anywhere? That stuff was delicious.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    This company is on a roll apparently! (No, I still have not forgiven you for ruining Coke Zero, Coca-Cola)
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Awe thats disappointing. As someone who cant get any yet I was really hoping the new flavors would be awesome and make its way to me.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    This company is on a roll apparently! (No, I still have not forgiven you for ruining Coke Zero, Coca-Cola)

I'm so out of the loop, what did they do to Coke Zero?
  • Wheelhouse15
    edited January 2018
    Options

I thought they just changed the name to coca cola zero sugar...? I haven't noticed any change in the taste.

Ok, well I haven't noticed them doing that here in Canada, but our formulas and marketing are slightly different anyway. They tend to make the Canadian products slightly sweeter.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options

Changed the name, design, and now use an "improved recipe"... some people like it, I personally think it tastes awful.

http://www.coca-colacompany.com/coca-cola-unbottled/what_s-the-difference-between-coke-zero-and-coca-cola--zero-suga
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

I thought they just changed the name to coca cola zero sugar...? I haven't noticed any change in the taste.

They are trying to faze out diet coke, which I am NOT happy about. Its my favourite drink of all, and the main one I will drink if I go out. I think about 20% of people are big diet coke fans, so I don't understand why they would get rid of it. I don't like regular coke. Might have to switch to pepsi (although it is a bit too sugary).

That would seem to be why they have added all the new diet coke variations I guess.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

Changed the name, design, and now use an "improved recipe"... some people like it, I personally think it tastes awful.

http://www.coca-colacompany.com/coca-cola-unbottled/what_s-the-difference-between-coke-zero-and-coca-cola--zero-suga

Another "improved" formula? Cool, it's like the New Coke of the diet category. We all know how well New Coke went over.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Let me cry you a river all the way from Denmark where we literally have one coke zero flavor: coke zero. :|

Same here, unless you go to a restaurant with a Free Form machine or whatever they are calling it these days. Americans are so lucky!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of that flavor. Sounds kind of gross to me. There is a diet ginger soda I like called Goslings.

And yes. Diet sodas are my life savors. I hated them until about a year or two ago when I started feeling a deficit hard. I had a craving out of no where and they have been a part of my life, especially when cutting, ever since.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Let me cry you a river all the way from Denmark where we literally have one coke zero flavor: coke zero. :|

Same here, unless you go to a restaurant with a Free Form machine or whatever they are calling it these days. Americans are so lucky!

we don't even have those. :(

but we did get ginger pepsi max last year (for about 3 months before it was pulled), so atleast we've got that going for us.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke is sad anyway. Coke Zero ftw (or for me most of the time, Diet Cherry Dr Pepper...sorry Canadians for bringing it up again)
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Diet Coke is sad anyway. Coke Zero ftw (or for me most of the time, Diet Cherry Dr Pepper...sorry Canadians for bringing it up again)

Now you are just being big meanie. :tongue:
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

those machines arent everywhere though so no we arent that lucky. one place in my area has it and thats wendys and wendys makes us sick every time we eat it. so yeah. those machines are only in certain places.
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I’m sad also :( I loved the coke freestyle machines because you could get Diet Coke with lime from them. I went to the movies yesterday and they have one there and it was changed to ginger lime :(((((
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

They are trying to faze out diet coke, which I am NOT happy about. Its my favourite drink of all, and the main one I will drink if I go out. I think about 20% of people are big diet coke fans, so I don't understand why they would get rid of it. I don't like regular coke. Might have to switch to pepsi (although it is a bit too sugary).

they are phasing out coke zero not really diet coke. as the coca cola zero calorie is still a diet product., they are coming out with the new flavors to probably keep up with the demands that other companies are coming out with. pepsi has had other flavors out with its 1893 line of flavored pepsi as well as the cherry flavors. mtn dew now has ice which is a clear lemon lime soda. I think coke may be losing money so they have to come out with something new and see how well it does. https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2017/07/26/coca-cola-second-quarter-earnings/511675001/