New here: Anyone use Body Measurements?

Options
Hi, fellow MFP’ers. I’ve just begun my journey and I wanted to know if anyone finds it useful to get a baseline measurement of the waist, arms, thoughts to compare at a later date. I don’t want to over analyze myself, but was wondering if that could be motivating? I thank that keeping a pair of jeans that had been impossible to wear to try on later could be a good motivator for me.
Thanks in advance.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It's always a good idea to take measurements regularly (I do mine once a month...any more frequent and it'll barely move)
  • MrsPinterest34
    MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I do. This is mine so far. I use Google spreadsheet. I think it's very reliable data especially during periods when you feel like you are not losing pounds. I do check my arms and calves I think once every 4- 6 months. I've completely ignored my limbs :) I'm fixated on losing my belly fat and hips. Good luck op!
    tq1bfnshycio.png
  • zandrathesweetheart
    zandrathesweetheart Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I do
  • zandrathesweetheart
    zandrathesweetheart Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I do. This is mine so far. I use Google spreadsheet. I think it's very reliable data especially during periods when you feel like you are not losing pounds. I do check my arms and calves I think once every 4- 6 months. I've completely ignored my limbs :) I'm fixated on losing my belly fat and hips. Good luck op!
    tq1bfnshycio.png

Why did your breasts get bigger? Lol
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    tq1bfnshycio.png

Why did your breasts get bigger? Lol

Cup sizes indicates how much larger the bust circumference is than the chest circumference (just below the bust, where the bra band circles the body). The absolute circumference of a 32D should be smaller (36 inches) than the absolute circumference of a 36B (38 inches), although I think the absolute volume of the cups may be roughly the same. So nothing to laugh about here.