Just a little self motivation

It's coming up on a year since I started this journey. I've logged for the past 165 days (just logged in for the most part, but hey). I really thought back when I began that I could reach my goal weight in nine months.

Well.

Just shy of a year later, I haven't quite reached half. I came within 1lb of the half-way, but spiked up during the holidays (understandably, but not for particularly festive reasons). Working hard to get myself back on track, pushing forward into year 2.

I'm posting this to remember how far I've come. It doesn't feel like a lot right now, but...

There was once a time when the ticker on my profile said 80 to go. Even 50 to go seemed like a lot. 45 is no small number, but it's a heck of a lot less than 80.

There was once a time when I got sick a lot; a memory on my Facebook today recalled getting sick every Friday for a couple weeks. My nutrition is so much better that I rarely feel sick. In fact, I feel good most of the time.

There was once a time when I'd just barely started.

There was once a time before I had.

The Saturday I began this journey was the morning after one of the best nights of my life. I don't think I would have started if I hadn't felt good about myself. I just took a look at my profile, and saw that one of my motivators was a new-found self appreciation.

I think one of the reasons my fitness fell by the wayside was that appreciation fell by the wayside, too. So this is me publicly picking it back up.

r5ckdyB.jpg

The girl in this picture came a long way, and she's only just started. <3

Replies