What are your go to low carb recipes!

Options
stephwht
stephwht Posts: 17 Member
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snacks! I want to know what your guys’ go to meals are! I’m looking to try some different recipes to switch things up a bit. Feel free to add me as a friend as well!

Replies

• LouPowers805
    LouPowers805 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pinterest also has some great recipes, just search for low carb ones.
  • mic1018
    mic1018 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of recipes on Pinterest as well. I sometimes like a break from the heavy cheesy stuff, so I like to make a batch of tuna salad - 1 can tuna in water, drained...add 2-3 tsp mayo - 1 Tbs of diced jarred jalapenos - 1 Tbs of Dill salad cubes or 1 Tb chopped dill pickle. Then, I take 4 leaves of romaine lettuce and divide the tuna salad between them. Chop up a bit of fresh cucumber to add on top if desired. Nice and cool and refreshing....makes a great lunch or light dinner. I love the jarred jalapenos in my tuna salad. It really gives it a nice pop of flavor. I have never tried the fresh ones in it, but they would probably work too.
  • stephwht
    stephwht Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That’s sounds really great! I will have to try that!
  • flumpkin9958
    flumpkin9958 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Last night I made zoodles with chicken in a spicy tomato sauce. The chicken is enough for 3 nights but I'll spiralise the zucchini and cook fresh each night. I worked it out to be under 300 calories which isn't really enough but good if you are having a couple of glasses of wine or haven't done any exercise. You could add extras to bump up the calories!

One medium zucchini (spiralised)
    600g chicken (breast or thigh)
    400g tin chopped tomatoes
    2 tsp dried thyme
    1 Tbs Gochujang (or your favourite spices)

Spiralise zucchini. Get a pan ready with boiling salted water.

Chop chicken into cubes, cook in fry pan, add thyme, once chicken is cooked through add tinned tomatoes and Gochujang (or spices). Mine thickened slightly after a few minutes.

Drop zucchini into boiling water for 1-2 minutes, you don't really want it soft and soggy. Drain and set on plate. Top with a third of the chicken and tomato mixture.

Quick easy, filling and healthy. Could add green beans or any other choice of veges.