I am not loosing weight??? Feeling discouraged.:-(

Options
13»

Replies

• poetic_britt
    Options
    We're in the exact same boat! But I have gained weight and lost inches. I was told to keep going. 2 weeks is not enough time to tell what your body is up too. Don't feel discouraged, keep going and you'll see your body transform itself. If you want motivation add me :)
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Thanks I have been looking for some good fiber bars. Im gonna order some now and i went to walgreens and bout a fiber gummy to take every day. They are yummy.

Why not go out and just buy some fruits and vegetables?
  • LitheVixen
    LitheVixen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You might indeed be retaining water (probably also because you're eating a LOT of processed foods, which contain a LOT of salt...) but judging by your diet, I'm thinking you're just eating way too many calories to lose weight. Your diet needs to be changed - and I don't mean "just to lose weight".
    If you continue eating like this, you will become deficient in vitamins and minerals, if you aren't already. (Unless, of course, you take supplements.) If you're having trouble with coming up with a healthy meal plan, it might be wise to go to a doctor you trust, or a dietician!
  • ars1300
    ars1300 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Try measuring weighing food so you know exactly what your taking in. Also focusing on real foods. I would say 2 weeks is not a good gauge either, its about the long term progress. I have been sticking to a specific diet plan for 10 weeks with excellent results. I know not everyone wishes to do to this level but making appropriate food choices is the key. Good protein sources, eggs, fish, chicken, lean red meats, greek yogurt, cottage cheese. Lots of green veggies and vegetables in general and fruit. Look for whole grains, oatmeal, brown rice, couscous, quinoa, red potatoes, sweet potatoes. Don't get discouraged it has take me well over a year to adjust my eating habits. I have cut out mainly things coming out of a box or processed foods.
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Mine also hasn't moved yet...but I don't mind coz I feel lighter and energetic, that's one step. Will deal with scale later.
  • tiffanytshai11
    tiffanytshai11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    how many lbs are you trying to lose?
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Keep at it. I plateau all the time. I will stay the same weight for weeks, and then suddenly I'll lose 10 lbs in a matter of days (without changing anything at all).

Patience.
  • titiawuth
    Options
    Keep going! Maybe you should change your diet plan. That happened to me too, I thought I was eating "healthy" but I was making some mistakes so I didnt lose weight for weeks and then I changed my diet plan to the Yes You Can Diet Plan and I went from 180 lbs to 127 lbs in just 6 months and I eat more times a day and with the diet plan I learned what to eat, when to eat and how much to eat of each thing.. It works for me and also they have diet pills that will help speed up your weightloss process.. fat burner, colon cleanser, collagen and appetite suppressant they do work and do not have any side effects. If you follow the diet plan and take your pills the results will be awesome!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Get a food scale, for real! No need to overhaul your diet and eat "clean", ain't nobody got time fo' dat. Take little baby steps :) Add more veggies and fruits (for fiber) and keep within your calories (with the food scale). Drink lots of water and move more. Stick to it for 4-6 weeks, you will see progress! Good Luck OP!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Food scale, heart rate monitor ...really you need both to do this properly..also clean up your eating..you can eat the things you like but you need to eat more veggies in order for your body to function properly if you want to lose the weight.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Thanks I have been looking for some good fiber bars. Im gonna order some now and i went to walgreens and bout a fiber gummy to take every day. They are yummy.

Go to the produce section of your grocery store - buy fruits and vegetables. Better than the fiber bars.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Have you taken measurements or pictures? It's still early, but I recommend it. The scale is not my friend at all. I have only lost 5 pounds in 5 months but completely changed my body. Don't rely on the scale, it's a dirty liar.

THIS ^^^ I actually have been gaining and losing the same 5lbs for 8 months...but my body has changed SOOO much

7719008698_a46d6d1a5b_q.jpg
    IMG00561-20120615-0919 by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

8695410127_8244cbbe09_q.jpg
    photo grid by crochetmom2010, on Flickr
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Patience, healthy weight loss is a slow process and patience is key.

Like others have said before me, get yourself a food scale to measure your food intake accurately. Measuring spoons/cups help as well.

Eat more fiber (for pooping).

No need to stick to just "clean foods" because that's boring as hell and will most likely eventually result in a binge. A maintainable lifestyle change needs to be realistic. Try and incorporate fruits and veggies into the foods you do like (I hate most veggies, but find ways to hide them in my food) and eat at a reasonable deficit within your calorie goal.

Exercise and drink water.

Take measurements/progress photos. Sometimes the numbers on the scale don't budge but I actually lose inches, and that is always pretty encouraging.

Also, don't obsess over the scale. Weighing yourself every 5 minutes will just drive you nuts, if you can maybe put away the thing and weigh once a month. That's pretty much what keeps me sane.

Good luck!