Recommended Reading

Options
I'm about to start lifting for recomposition and would like some books about lifting, nutrition, etc. I already have a few, but are there any that are must haves?
Thanks!

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    bodyrecomposition.com

Print articles, bind them = book.
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Slow down, everyone. I only have so much time to read.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe
  • scottaworley
    Options

That was the first book about lifting that I got.
  • timbrom
    timbrom Posts: 303 Member
    Options

Then get Practical Programming for Strength Training, also by Rippetoe. Goes very in-depth into the why's of barbell training, how the body adapts to exercise. The first four or five chapters read more like a biology textbook than a strength training book. I think that's a good thing.
  • scottaworley
    Options

Then get Practical Programming for Strength Training, also by Rippetoe. Goes very in-depth into the why's of barbell training, how the body adapts to exercise. The first four or five chapters read more like a biology textbook than a strength training book. I think that's a good thing.

Thanks for the recommendation! I also think that it's a good thing that it reads like a biology textbook :).
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I personally just asked somebody and they recommended me stronglifts. I watched his vids and did a little reading about the program etc and then just jumped in. Any questions i had that were a bit more specific I just asked here. But you can always join this group and read up the stickies or ask questions there

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/10067-eat-train-progress-
  • Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    Options

love this book. I have read it cover to cover and can easily read it again and continue to learn. It's like a reference bible.