HASHIMOTO'S HELP..PLEASE!

Options
2»

Replies

• Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    OP. Thinking t3. You only have a total t3 result, some of us have problems of conversion which causes reverse t3, the molecules are simply put together the wrong way about so they will not fit into the receptors in one's cells. This renders a total t3 result void particularly if the proportion reversed is outweighs the regular t3. This problem can be caused by some mineral etc deficiencies or problems in the conversion paths. It is possible to have very good t3 without many reverse t3 and still have thyroid symptoms if the cell receptors themselves are faulty so the t3 is unable to get into positon.

It really baffles me, why when there are so many points at which there are potentials for systematic issues many health systems around the world (particularly NHS, which was paying hundreds %ages over the odds for t3) consider tsh and t4 to be the only markers of note. Were synthetic t4 the only perfect onesize fits all solution, may be. Too many are left with a multitude of symptoms and poor quality of lives.

All too often I have read in free medical papers, the output of other endocrine organs should be identified and rectified prior to treating the thyroid gland itsself which is/often can be reflecting issues in another part of the endocrine system. Then were that not enough, many papers indicate the multitude of crossover symptoms in different autoimmune conditions are, when brought to their simples form, often alieviated by adequate apropriate "thyroid" treatment. There is also a presumption patients should not be treated to the higher levels in this numbers game, resulting in not testing if someone achieve a better quality of life on a slightly higher dose.

I have read on MFP, some persons with the help of their doctors were able varying their daily dose to achieve a level of satisfaction pertinent to themselves. Those doctors were willing to work with the patients closely to find their best fit.

Large pharmaceutical companies have a vested interest in keeping people on synthetic products. Persons fortunate to have access to natural thyroid products are few internationally, in part possibly because there is no standard formulation of t4 to t3 so substitution of products is not as simple as it theoretically is using the synthetic versions, fillers and binders may differ. Persons in early stages of thyroid difficulties could benefit from a raft of dietary supplements only doctors do not have the indepth nutritional understanding, they are generalists after all.

The last doctor I consulted over thyroid issues was panic stricken to think by drinking 2 pints of milk I could could make myself HYPER through the levels of iodine, selenium etc I was consuming. I'm sure they fear the hyper situation more than they do the hypo, I don't know of anyone who wants to become hyper, they only want to be well, being held held back by internationally totally inadiquat testing regimes. Surprisingly the person who defined the testing system is appalled to see it used in the way it is. I can't remember the date of the original interview I heard it as a repeat.

To make a poor situation much worse, there are many medical texts which support the premis of overlaping autoimmune symptoms having the common denominator of low "thyroid" function. Unfortunately its simply not fashionable right now.

I encourage everyone to do their own research as relates to themselves and not take what you are told as a given.
  • pinaycoco
    pinaycoco Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    jf5wk4o2ew7w.png
    okay, so i was diagnosed with hashi's in June of 2016, and i am currently on 100mcg of levothyroxine. my dr keeps telling me that my levels are fine, but i am finding myself still feeling like absolute dirt, with very low energy and lots of brain fog. i should point out that i also have some form of inflammatory arthritis that i take plaquenil for, which i know contributes some to the issue that i am having. In addition to this, like everyone else, i eat fairly well and exercise as much as i have energy for(i aim for atleast 3 times a week, if not more than that), and have lost no weight. I have gone to my primary dr. many times, have gone to see an endocrinologist, and they all basically tell me that i am fine, and my only option for weight loss at this point is to have surgery, which i do not want. I am 24 years old, and i do not feel like at this point that is a viable option. But i feel like i keep getting shut out everywhere i turn. I am inserting a picture of the last test results i recieved, hoping someone can help me determine if they are "normal", and possibly offer up any additional suggestions to help me start losing weight?

I also have Hashimoto's. I lost 10kg last year but gained 4kg back as my Hashimoto's got worse. I'm determined to reverse this. I would love to add you! We can do this!