I weigh 15 lbs more than I did last summer...

Options
And its crushing my self esteem! I was doing so well in college, but since I turned 21 I've gained 15 lbs. I never realized how easy it is to gain weight and how terribly difficult it is to lose it. I'm up to 2 weeks of working out (running 3 times a week, strength stuff 3 days a week, 1 off day) and have been watching what I eat. Still no progress, but I don't want to give up. My goal is more about getting in the habit of having a healthy life style by staying active and watching my portions...

Anyone have any tips for these stubborn lbs??

I have a work out partner and we have decided to train for a half marathon that's at the end of September... I think having someone else to motivate you is helping so much. We get up and get to work at 6:30 so we can run 3 or 4 miles before work 3 times a week. She just had a baby and right before she gave birth she was up to 200 lbs... she's lost practically all of it and is now trying to lose her last 10 of baby weight. She's been incredibly inspiring.

Two of my roommates are on MFP too. Its nice to have someone else so close to me going through the same things. They've both lost between 15 and 20 lbs and look awesome! We're all down to those last stubborn pounds....

Excited for my future :)

Also the pic isn't me, but I wish I looked like that! #motivation

Recipes accepted haha I love to cook!

Replies

• itsscottwilder
    Options
    how many calories are you taking in daily by eating?

How many calories are you burning daily through exercise?
  • Kathandragon23
    Options
    I feel you... once you pass 20 its very easy for the weight to creep on! I've gained at least 20 pounds over the past few years (I'm 23) and I'm looking to lose 15, but mostly to just be active and healthy like you say. Feel free to add me!
  • iamihobo
    iamihobo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    You'd be surprised at what drinking the right amount of water will do.
    You really should be drink at least 64oz if not 84 a day, which is hard at first but it's really vital to losing weight.
    Plus the quality of what you put into your body :) like itsscottwilde was asking, depending on what you put in and burn off will be the weight loss. It's just not healthy to go below 1200