could anyone help me with numbers please?

Options
hello, i'm new to this site - and weight loss. i'm very fortunate that i have never had to worry about weight before now. i was always a stable 10st 7 - 10st 12. i'm 5'8 and 45 years old.

i used to be quite fit and lead a busy life but suffered a serious accident a few years ago which changed my life. i also have CFS/ME.

anyway, i'm no longer in denial. my weight has risen by around 2 and a half stones in the last 3 years and i am so angry with myself.

the numbers i typed into here said i should aim for 1200 calories per day and since sunday (when i started), i've managed ok. i have been a bit hungry at times but today i feel ill. weak, shaky and just rotten.

i've seen TDEE and BMR mentioned on here and have done so much reading i have confused myself so i thought i would pluck up the courage to ask for help from you guys.

my TDEE seems to be quite a bit higher than 1200 calories, even with 20% deducted from TDEE. could anyone offer me advice on whether i am going about this correctly or if i have gone down to too few calories too quickly?

i could do without even less energy than i already have and at the moment, my ability to exercise is quite limited.

thank you in advance :)