Couch 2 5k... Anyone starting?

Options
Hey all!
I'm just starting the C25k running program today! It will be day one week one for me. Would like more MFP active buddies! I used to be a runner/jogger a 2-3 years ago but unfortunately stopped. Gained weight and here I am starting all over again. And it feels like I've never ran before, lol. Sucks!
I miss running, it was a great escape!!!

Feel free to add me!
:wink:

Replies

• Lshona
    Lshona Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Hi! Ive completed W3 D1. I’ve completed the program a few times.
  • WeightStripper85
    WeightStripper85 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Lshona wrote: »
    Hi! Ive completed W3 D1. I’ve completed the program a few times.

Awesome!
    I just finished my first day and it was harder than I thought. I'm so out of shape it's shameful, LOL. But I will get stronger!
    I downloaded the program on Podcast, from Running Mate and feels it's a little different from what I remember. Still liked it! Gonna send you a friend request :smile:
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I just completed The program today! But I would love to hear all about your progress along the way so feel free to add me.

It's so rewarding, Best of luck!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    That's an excellent program for starting out or back. Good luck and happy running!
  • alc649
    alc649 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Im doing c25k. I just did week 6 day 1 this morning. I love it! I had tried it a couple times in the past and quit, because I think i was trying to go to fast. Now I go at a steady pace, about 3.8 mph, which I know isn't very fast but who cares? 1 day I ran 2 miles without stopping! Im starting to love running, and I never thought I'd ever say something like that lol. My advice would be to go slow, don't worry about what other people are thinking, and stick to the program. The day I ran 2 miles without stopping, I ditched the app thinking I was good and didn't need it anymore. Haven't been able to run 2 miles without stopping since. lol
  • WeightStripper85
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    I'll be sending you friend requests!
  • WeightStripper85
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Podcast version?
    I started the Running Mate 5k 101 Podcast yesterday and really enjoyed the music and coaching it comes with.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I'm at Week 3, Day 1. I'm actually doing Week 3 for a second week in a row.....I'm just not ready for Week 4 just yet.
  • ninpiggy
    ninpiggy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I’m on Week 4, Day 2. Well, of a 5K Training program. It’s not specifically C25K but I have completed C25K before a few years ago. Loved it.
  • ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm about ready to start again!
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    There is a C25K group here if anyone wants to join:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k
  • mathdad41
    mathdad41 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I did W4D1 Sunday Had to stop and walk during the last 5minrun. Side of my lower leg was hurting. So I am not giving my self credit for it and will redo it. Wanted to do it tonight but something came up so I will get it tomorrow.

I like the program. Little scared about next week though.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I’ve done the program before but only got up through week 5 and stopped for whatever reason (even after that 20 min Run!) I am planning on doing this again but for now I’m not because I’m avoiding the gym until it gets a little less busy. I don’t want to run outside it’s too cold.
  • stephaniekhani
    stephaniekhani Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm starting next week to prep for a 5k in May. I used to run 5 and 10k portions as part of a team triathlon, but lapsed years ago due to knee pain and haven't been able to find my mojo since. I miss it. Hopefully will get back into the groove.
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it now. I love it and my stamina is building up fast. I had none before. I got really good running shoes which helps a lot. We can do this!
  • JMcGee2018
    JMcGee2018 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start this tonight. I've done part of it before but never finished because life got crazy. It'll be a little tricky because of the snow here, but I've go grippy things I can put on my shoes.
  • WeightStripper85
    Options
    mathdad41 wrote: »
    I did W4D1 Sunday Had to stop and walk during the last 5minrun. Side of my lower leg was hurting. So I am not giving my self credit for it and will redo it. Wanted to do it tonight but something came up so I will get it tomorrow.

I like the program. Little scared about next week though.

My calves were burning so I decided to repeat. That's what's nice about this program, you can extend it and repeat to help you progress. I also do yoga for runners, that seems to help a lot with reducing any pain.
  • WeightStripper85
    Options
    flippy1234 wrote: »
    I'm doing it now. I love it and my stamina is building up fast. I had none before. I got really good running shoes which helps a lot. We can do this!

It's amazing how my stamina is building too, I'm excited!
    Good running shoes are super important!!! I just got some too.
  • WeightStripper85
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    I’ve done the program before but only got up through week 5 and stopped for whatever reason (even after that 20 min Run!) I am planning on doing this again but for now I’m not because I’m avoiding the gym until it gets a little less busy. I don’t want to run outside it’s too cold.

January is almost over, gyms everywhere will begin to get back to normal lol! I usually avoid January gym rush too, thankfully we don't get much of winter in SoCal and I have a treadmill at home.
  • WeightStripper85
    Options
    alc649 wrote: »
    Im doing c25k. I just did week 6 day 1 this morning. I love it! I had tried it a couple times in the past and quit, because I think i was trying to go to fast. Now I go at a steady pace, about 3.8 mph, which I know isn't very fast but who cares? 1 day I ran 2 miles without stopping! Im starting to love running, and I never thought I'd ever say something like that lol. My advice would be to go slow, don't worry about what other people are thinking, and stick to the program. The day I ran 2 miles without stopping, I ditched the app thinking I was good and didn't need it anymore. Haven't been able to run 2 miles without stopping since. lol

Good for you, that's awesome!
    I know a lot of people worry too much about pace, but that's not important especially when starting out. I'm a slow runner for sure, I'm more concerned about distance for now. I know as I get better and stronger I will automatically get faster.