Always hungry

Options
Over the last few months I've stepped up my strength training a little. Just a little more volume but nothing drastic.

But even having upped my calories to around 2500 a day I notice I'm always hungry. Last year at his time when I was focusing on cutting I was at 1800 a day and never really so ravenous.

Could the change in my regiment be the cause?

Replies

• YosemiteSlamAK
    YosemiteSlamAK Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Are you staying hydrated? I was told that many times when we think we are hungry, we are actually just dehydrated. Drinking more water has helped me maintain my caloric intake.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Are your eating the same basic foods? If not maybe what you're eating now isn't as satiating for you.

Another thought could you be pregnant?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Some people find that lifting makes them hungrier. I'm not one of them.

Have you played around with your meal timing and macros to find what keeps you the most full?

I personally push breakfast back as late as I can stand it, usually around 9:30 (when I'm up at 3:45 and at the gym at 4:30), because if I eat early I'm just hungrier throughout the day. It's like eating "starts my engine" so to speak.
  • StewartDarby
    StewartDarby Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you are always hungry you need more protein. Mix it up with variety like steak, chicken, and fish. Good luck! :)
  • HvymetalMG
    HvymetalMG Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I can say without a doubt not pregnant :)

I am eating about the same type of food I've eaten last year but just introduced more carbs back into my diet and not sugar and refined carbs, good ones.

I also aim to get 180-200 grams of protein a day I'm currently 5'9" and 146

• evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Lifting makes me absolutely ravenous.
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Lifting make me hungry... Once I start eating for the day I then eat about every two hours. Also I try to drink a glass of water everytime I feel hungry.