I wish I had

Options
happywithme12
happywithme12 Posts: 477 Member
I really wish now that I know more and am older that I had tried harder and applied myself more in school and cared about my grades and paying attention instead of worrying about all the kids making fun of me because I was fat. If you could change one thing about your past what would it be?

Replies

• BEEUK
    BEEUK Posts: 113
    Options
    My choice of men ;)
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Eaten less.
  • happywithme12
    Options
    My choice of men ;)

well you are a beautiful women i am sure you will find a better one and i bet a lot of women feel that way :)
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    My choice of men ;)

^^THIS. Over and over.
  • happywithme12
    Options
    Eaten less.

I wish I had found excersise and working out sooner and kept up with it so i wasn't the "FAT" girl in school
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I wish I'd been brave enough to work abroad for a year when I had the chance
  • CompressedCarbon
    CompressedCarbon Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Not taken life so seriously.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    My choice of men ;)

this times 5
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    2005, had the opportunity to move to Ireland (Cork). I walked away from it due to other things going on in my life at that time. Bad decision right there!
  • happywithme12
    Options
    Not taken life so seriously.

I agree, i know now that you have to laugh and have a good time and enjoy everything and everyone you can while you can cause you never know what can happen.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Not trying to be a jerk but there is another thread with the same theme goin on right now.Never hurts to just use the search option :flowerforyou:

- http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1062554-if-i-knew-then-what-i-know-now
  • happywithme12
    Options
    2005, had the opportunity to move to Ireland (Cork). I walked away from it due to other things going on in my life at that time. Bad decision right there!

my husband is irish i would love to take him there one day i think we would both love it
  • happywithme12
    Options
    Not trying to be a jerk but there is another thread with the same theme goin on right now.Never hurts to just use the search option :flowerforyou:

- http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1062554-if-i-knew-then-what-i-know-now

and there are a million threads about rating the person above you and if you would date or well you get the idea, they are all pretty much the same but that never stopped any of them
  • amylouize2012
    amylouize2012 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I wish I had dated girls for a while because my choice in men (untill i met my wonderful hubby) just SUCKED!! haha :brokenheart:
  • MamaCass30
    MamaCass30 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I would say my choice in men, but I've come to realize every single bad decision taught me something. Either about myself or what I didn't want in a partner.

so, I'll go with tried harder in high school and not worried so much about the petty b.s. that no longer matters today and NOT dropped out of college. Dumbest decision I EVER made! :grumble:
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't change a thing. There are always ups and downs, but everything that has happened to me in the past made me who I am today. I did poorly in high school and wasted money on a tech school degree that was never put to use and put way too much money on my credit card after my ex broke up with me. I have since met someone whom I plan to marry, in a job that I had to work too many hours at to pay off my credit card debt, which also made me work twice as hard. Realizing I didn't want to work like that anymore, made me go back to school and put in the hard work and dedication I never would have had if I didn't appreciate it as much. I achieved a scholarship to my dream school and am working towards a better life for myself and my future family.

The only thing I wish I could change is how I judge others, and fear things / uncomfortable situations. I am afraid of planes, drowning, am insecure in my appearance, and tend to judge others based upon their appearance, to find out later that we became the best of friends.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I think I wouldn't change anything. All my mistakes taught me a lesson and made me the person I am. My 2 divorces, moving from country to country, all the struggle and success, pain and happiness I had to face gave me wisdom and experience.

Although I would change the way I reacted to my loved once sometimes. If I say something mean to my parents, they're hurt. They will forgive me but will never forget.

Other than that, I'm cool with my past.
  • amylouize2012
    amylouize2012 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I would say my choice in men, but I've come to realize every single bad decision taught me something. Either about myself or what I didn't want in a partner.

You're right, every dumb decision taught me something too but there is one that I would never do again. I was engaged to a guy that I met when I was 16 and we were together for 9 years, I really don't think I could do it all again, even for the lessons I learned because letting him go was the hardest thing I ever had to do in my life and I never let myself think about it :brokenheart:

It all ended so badly at the time, it took me 2 years to get over it.

I am the happiest woman in the world now with my new hubby and I know all those mistakes lead me to him, but still...... I can't help thinking hubby and I were meant to be together and we would have met anyways......

Sorry this is depressing
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Cranshinibon!!!!!!! Lol

Dude, friendrequesting you!
  • happywithme12
    Options
    i agree with all of you, its kind of like that movie the butterfly effect. Every time you change something it has a difference outcome so maybe it is beter to leave things as is and just go with it and remember what you learned from your mistakes