Help!! I’ve plateaued

Hello all. I kind of lost my motivation and have plateaued. I then got bronchitis and have been on a series of steroids and I’m gaining weight. Has anyone else had to plow through steroids? What did you do? I’ve thought about intermittent fasting to change up my routine but I’m still all new to this. Thank you ladies. You rock!!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    How long has it been since you lost weight? How long have you been sick?
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    Steroids will bring on water weight. Are you still on them? Even after finishing, it can take a while for the water to shed. Stay on track with your calories and you will see results eventually!
  • Pocket__Cthulhu
    Pocket__Cthulhu Posts: 134 Member
    Remember that weight loss isn't linear and you're going to continue to encounter times like this through the rest of your life. So long as you ignore the voices that say you should lose X in Y amount of time and continue on with your routines and good eating habits your weight will go away. Your body doesn't care about swimsuit season, so be gentle with yourself and lift heavy.
  • klkc2005
    klkc2005 Posts: 41 Member
    Steroids can make you gain weight. I was on them for a short time and had a hard time losing. That being said, it's not impossible. Sometimes you do have to just shake things up a bit. Maybe try a new workout routine, eat more protein and fiber (filling but not a ton of calories). Don't beat yourself up over this. Take care of yourself and get better. I've never done the fasting thing. I just count my calories and work out. Good luck!