Hello from London it's really cold here

Options
xrehx
xrehx Posts: 12 Member
edited January 2018 in Getting Started
Hi there
Yesterday was my first day and things didn't exactly go according to plan but I'm back on the wagon today.
It's so cold here and I'm having to use all my willpower to not reach for a steaming hot mug of soup and bread ladled with butter...think I need a distraction.
I'm looking for friends who are looking for friends who offer support and encouragement so please send me a friend request if you're like-minded.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    12 degrees Celsius is cold :D It's 1 here (Oslo). Hi :)
  • xrehx
    Options
    Kommodevaran if I was there in Oslo I wouldn't have to worry about my weight because I would be an icicle
  • Colombini1X
    Colombini1X Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    As a fellow Londoner I feel your pain haha - hopefully it warms up soon!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    12c sounds warm to me, we're having a balmy :D 9c today in Northern Ireland but in recent days its been -1 or -2.

Nothing wrong with that soup or the bread but just a skimming of butter will reduce the calories significantly.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    How about some hot tea or coffee? Or a cup of chicken broth? Or have exactly what you want and make changes elsewhere so the calories will fit? And bundle up. :)
  • xrehx
    Options
    Thank you for your messages :) I've decided to do some chores at home as a distraction - you know the stuff that gets you up and moving vacuuming and scrubbing - not in the kitchen though too much temptation :D also I've bumped the heating up until I warm up because I'm useless when I'm cold.
    If I have the soup for lunch then I can't have tofu and I'm a tofu addict (and a bread and butter addict too) I want the tofu more than the soup so I've got to stop thinking about the soup and I only want the soup because I'm cold so the solution is to get warm. See simples :#
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    But if the soup and bread and the tofu fit into your daily calories why do you have to choose between them? I think you are over complicating the losing weight process?

When our bodies are cold they burn more calories trying to stay warm :smiley:
  • slunsmann72
    slunsmann72 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi from Wisconsin USA!! We are at about -7C here and just got 11 inches of snow. My workout today will be shoveling! I started my dieting (again) in January, and I have off days. I just try to not let it get me down, and have the mind set each day is a new day. Good luck - and stay warm!
  • xrehx
    edited January 2018
    Options
    RunRutheeRun I complicate everything this is nothing you should see me pondering over my selection of teas each day ;)
    Also I can't have the soup for lunch because of the tofu and not for dinner either because I want a bean casserole more than I want the soup... the soup has just got to go :D
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    LOL ok :smiley: bean casserole sounds good :smile:
  • xrehx
    Options
    Laughing :D thank you again everyone it's been nice chatting.
  • auranya
    auranya Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I’m near London, feel free to add me.
  • xrehx
    Options
    Hi Auranya thanks I'll send you a friend request now :)