Rewards and motivators

Options
2»

Replies

• rage032
    rage032 Posts: 36
    Options
    Smaller clothes.

It's been expensive, but as the actual effort of this has been the mental game for me, I go through these cycles. When I fit clothes well I am happy about it. When they get too big for me though I have to get new ones otherwise my self esteem starts to fall again. It's kind of messed up. But now that I can look at my reflection again, I want to look good for me. HAHA!

That and a bowl of ice cream on Sunday!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I've rewarded myself with new to me clothes from the thrift stores, designer pants and shorts, a Michael Kors purse, and a new haircut.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I don't have any rewards set up. (I think I kind of spoil myself regularly, so there's much I go without--with that said, I'm also quite low maintenance, so there's not much I want to begin with!) One thing I DO want is a Bodymedia Core 2 when they come out, which may not be until fall now. So my motivation to stick with logging in is that I can't really justify such a purchase if I haven't stuck with things already--it's not like the gadget is going to solve everything and keep me on track. So I guess I feel like I need to demonstrate commitment without it before I can buy it, if that makes sense.
  • elaanne
    elaanne Posts: 35
    Options
    I have rewarded myself mostly with pampering myself (hot baths, pedicures, etc.) and buying health magazines that I find motivating. I'm also buying new belt buckles from a favorite etsy shop.

I saw a really neat idea online, and wish I had known about it back when I first started this journey. They suggested that you give $20 to a couple of your friends, and ask them to use the money to purchase something they think you would like. Then, when you hit a weight loss milestone, you get to open a present from a friend!
  • happyhiker83
    Options
    I just love feeling my clothes get looser, and feeling lighter and more energetic.