FACEPALM. People who don't know what they're talking about AT ALL. I'm really just venting...

Options
southrnchic479
southrnchic479 Posts: 136 Member
Small talk in the kitchen with boss's wife as she's heating up her nutrisystem soup thingy. I say, "I started lowering my carbs 2 weeks ago and lost 3 lbs in the first week but now I'm back up (2 lbs) because I've been working out. I know it was all water weight I shed and now it's water weight I'm retaining from my muscles repairing but you know....I just need to stop getting on the scale so often is what I need to do!"

Her response. "Oh, no. You HAVE to get on the scale every day. If you don't then you have no idea if what you're doing is working or not. It's just all about working out and not eating."

HAHAHAHA. Look I don't claim to know everything and I'm still learning a lot. But COME ON. Also, I'm not slamming anyone on nutrisystem because I really have never looked into it, but on the surface, it doesn't seem like something that leads to a healthy all over life change. Just sayin...anyway...ugh. Major eyeroll. LOL

Replies

• southrnchic479
    Options
  • southrnchic479
    Options
    @cmriverside her point that you should weigh yourself every day?
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Meh, I weigh every day. Total numbers nerd.
    I see both your sides.
    Sounds like your departure this week is a positive one.
  • southrnchic479
    Options
    I too have been weighing myself frequently but the reason I said I should stop is because my body is starting to retain water for muscle repair. I am eating under my calorie goal of 1200, or meeting it, so I know that whatever is showing on the scale has GOT to be water or waste. Instead I am going to buy a measuring tape and rely on that when I want some concrete evidence of progress. It's fun to see the scale go down, but when it goes up it can definitely make you go AHH, especially if you don't remember to factor in the way workouts can affect your body. That's basically the point I'm making.