Samsung Health App

Options
So my expensive Samsung phone bit the dust over the holidays. I replaced it with the cheaper Samsung J7. My old phone came with Samsung Health app installed. It could track my steps and I loved the simplicity of that. The Samsung J7 did not come with the Samsung Health app, so I downloaded it. However, I cannot find the part of it that tracks steps. I know there are apps I could download to count steps, but I really liked that particular option within the Samsung Health app. Anyone else using it? Got any ideas where I can find the stop counter in the app? Thanks.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    It's not there by default?

I just downloaded Samsung health on to my Android phone (not a Samsung) and the step tracker is a default. It looks to be turned on already.

**Edit: just tested it on mine and it's tracking steps. I didn't have to do anything special. Sorry I can't be of more help.
  • Greybeard51
    Greybeard51 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    On mine, which came installed, go to the 3dots top of screen and open manage items. Idk if it's because it was preloaded but the steps counter is always on with no option to turn it off. But I use it so no reason to turn it off. Good luck
  • ljashley1952
    ljashley1952 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    It's not there by default?

I just downloaded Samsung health on to my Android phone (not a Samsung) and the step tracker is a default. It looks to be turned on already.

**Edit: just tested it on mine and it's tracking steps. I didn't have to do anything special. Sorry I can't be of more help.

I just can't find a step counter on it. It says it can track steps, but I'm not seeing where to find it. On my old phone, it was always front and center when I clicked on Samsung Health. I could walk down the hall and watch the counter add my steps. It also wanted me to download another app called Armour Record. I don't want to do that because I didn't have to before. Maybe there is a Youtube video on it. IDK, lol. Thanks!
  • ljashley1952
    Options
    On mine, which came installed, go to the 3dots top of screen and open manage items. Idk if it's because it was preloaded but the steps counter is always on with no option to turn it off. But I use it so no reason to turn it off. Good luck

YES! That is exactly how mine was when it was installed on the old phone. I assumed it would be the same on the new phone on the downloaded app, but it isn't. There were three dots that lead to managing stuff within the app and it said the step counter couldn't be turned off. That's great, but I see no place to actually visualize the step counter. It doesn't come up automatically. And now I can't even find the three dots. It defaults to the 'home' page where I see the list of how everyone has logged in and there are a million ads in the feed. I think I may delete this app and see if there is one I can pay for that works better. Boo...I really did like MFP on my phone.
  • ljashley1952
    Options
    OK, so I uninstalled the app and reinstalled. The step counter is right there on the screen now. The only thing I can think is when I installed it before...I might have refused to allow it access to my location. I think the gps action of the counter needs the location tracker on. Not sure about that. I'm just glad to have the counter back. I work as a nurse and I have it in my pocket tracking my steps all day. I miss it when I can't glance at it and see where I'm at on the step scale progress. Thanks!