Darn, I'm "In the RED"

Options
First time since I started tracking 10 days ago, I'm "in the red" today... by 246 calories. I'm not sure what went wrong, I was just hungry today and a bit stressed. I'll have to skip my cherry banana smoothie in the morning, and that will almost make up for it.

Replies

• crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    What is your deficit set at? You most likely didn't even hit maintenance with that overage.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Very good. Now you can go through the list and find the biggest numbers to see what put you in the red. This will allow you to adjust your eating pattern for the future.
  • GeorgiaAnnaDaughter
    Options
    I thought this was going to be a period post lol
  • potatovegan
    potatovegan Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be a period post lol

hahaha, nope those days are over for me thank goodness.
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    and I thought it was a financial disclosure.. heheh
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,480 Member
    Options
    Just keep tracking no matter what. Why risk messing up tomorrow over this?
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Don’t skip the smoothie! Big deal, you went over your calories. Don’t do that tomorrow.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Have your shake! 250 calories won't make a noticeable difference by tbe end of the week.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hungry days happen for everyone. Unless it's part of your plan and you know how you usually react to skipping meals, it's not a good idea to skip your smoothie - you may be throwing yourself for a loop of more hunger and more calorie debt.

One thing to consider: is your calorie goal too low and it's starting to catch up with you or is it just a fluke hungry day? Hungry days are normal and okay, they happen for everyone. Hunger due to undereating is not a good thing, though, because it tends to get worse and brings about other unpleasant physical and mental symptoms with time.
  • JMcGee2018
    JMcGee2018 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    One thing I like to do when I find myself in the red is to look at my maintenance calories and see if I'm above that. If I'm not, it means I won't gain from my cheat. Only if I'm over that would I consider skipping a smoothie the next day.
  • potatovegan
    Options
    Thanks everyone, it's nice to have such support. Yes, I think I will go ahead and enjoy my cherry banana smoothie this morning and start my day off right. I'm on 1200 calories per day suggested from the mfp calculations. Most days I am fine with that, I have been combining it with IF 16:8. I think I need to take a couple days off the intermittent fasting and I will be fine.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    how much are you trying to lose? it could be that 1200cal is too agressive a goal
  • potatovegan
    Options
    how much are you trying to lose? it could be that 1200cal is too agressive a goal

20 lbs.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    If you were hungry and ate more than planned, you might be setting your daily calorie limit too low.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

20 lbs.

is your profile set to lose .5-1lb a week or did it default to 2lbs a week
  • potatovegan
    Options
    um not sure... I would prefer 2 lbs a week of course.