Looking for a few friends for support.

Options
My name is Crystal. I am married (19 years) with four kids. I am in the worst physical and mental/emotional condition I have ever been in. I can not do this on my own. I have faith that God will lead some friends my way. People who can help me and whom I can help.

Facts: I weighed 200 pounds at the start. I am down three pounds at this time. My ultimate goal is to be around 145 pounds. I believe I have a food addiction but there are few counselers in this area that specialize in food addiction. I think about what I could eat, will eat, want to eat every moment that I am awake. I have found myself pacing in the kitchen, arguing with myself about eating.

I am a sacrcasm heavy person but not to be mean. I would NEVER want to hurt someone. I am lazy. I have Bipolar 2. I've developed anxiety issues over the last couple years. BUT I do try my hardest to not show my problems. I want to help others but.... at times I need someone to listen to me and help me.

Please shoot me a message or add me as a friend.

Replies

• TerreK
    TerreK Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I’d love to try and help support each other! I’m restarting MFP after a 35# loss. I hit my target weight last fall, then fell off the wagon and went crazy over the holidays....I’ve gained back 10#, and I was planning on trying to lose another 30...,SOOOOOO, here I am kinda starting all over!
  • jrvollmer
    jrvollmer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do it, but it will require a lifestyle change and real determination to stick with. Five years ago I weighed 232.3 pounds and at 6’1” I was obese. And, I had a heart attack. Not a big one, but big enough to motivate me to do something different. Immediately I switched to a pescatarian way of eating and used a smartphone app (not MFP) to track everything that went in my mouth. I set the app up to control my calories so I would lose about 2 lbs a week. Second, I made it “my job” to exercise every day with a goal of doing my “job” seven days a week. My exercise was mostly walking - a mile at first working up slowly to five miles a day. I started reading food label and cut way back on foods with saturated fat. Within 5 months I was below 180 lbs, which was initially my goal. I continue to eat the same way, exercise daily, and record everything I eat. I have lost over 70 lbs, losing a little more each year for the last five years. Now I weigh around 159. The good news - I was never hungry and like you, I love to eat. That’s what worked for me. There are other ways to do it. You just have to pick something you can live with for the rest of your life. Remember, if you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got. Good luck.
  • MrsSYDL
    MrsSYDL Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Looking for support again also. Started in early January after falling off the wagon.