Health Condition Limitations

I am pretty strict on staying on my diet. It consists of 1700cal. 1500 sodium 100 or less Sugar. I have a compensated liver which was caused by Hep C. For 5yrs I’ve stayed on my diet. 2 or 3 times I got depressed of losing the battle. I’m 6’ 4” male age 61 now. But I went in organ failure in 2006 and stopped it after 3x of Interferon 54 months. I have 1/8 of liver left. I normally went under 270lb and in shape of 240lb. But when I went in liver failure I blew up like a balloon. Fluid is a problem. If I keep the sodium under 2000 my RXs removes the excess Daily. I’ve dropped down as far 295lb was my lowest. But then as usual no good reason I can gain as high as 10lbs in 2 days. This was on a long 1000 mile drive and it’s hard to stay perfect driving. It comes on fast but it drops off slow! That 10lbs will take 2 weeks. I’m able to be a little bit active. But I was bed bound and I’ve fought back enough that I walked around Disney world! I was not able to walk at all for 3days. A hard liver is not all. The RX I took caused my lungs to be diagnosed as emphysema, plus I have the swelling accompanied by Rheumatoid Arthritis. Just recently I’m Type 2 diabetic but well controlled! What is the answer. Or is there one? I’ve come back a good way but if I’m lighter I’m able to do more and exercise more. Anyone in the know? Maybe similar csituation. What’s bad a doctor gave me the Hep C virus before it was able to be diagnosed! I still worked 70-80hr work weeks. I was athletic prior but collapsed 17yrs after with liver failure in 2006. I’m starting my own internet based business now! At 61yrs old I’m going to have the most success I’ve had in my career. But only with Gods Strength and my faith in His provision. And His people that maybe know the answers!!

Replies

• Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    That is a hard situation to be in. I think you are well aware of your limitations it comes across in your post. You should know that a sudden increase in weight is water retention which isn't helped off course by the majority of your health conditions and therefore will take a long time to drop down again. In theory though as long as you continue your diet regime, in agreement with your doctor of course, you should continue to drop weight, even if slowly. You will get there, keep logging accurately and stick to some light exercise (doctor approved) and the trend should keep going down, stay determined.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,530 Member
    edited January 2018
    I wish you nothing but success! Obviously your situation is too complex for arm chair quarter backing other than to confirm that sudden and large increases and decreases of weight usually have to do with fluids in the body and *depending* on medical history *may* have to be reported to the doctor who has you in their care.