Quick, Healthy, Low Calorie Breakfast Ideas. Go!

Options
I only have a few go-to breakfasts like oatmeal and whole wheat bagels and fruit. I notice Special K makes hot cereals. Anyone tried them? What are your ideas?

Replies

• tmalikia
    tmalikia Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Well I do homemade smoothies in the single serve blenders. I but everything in the blender the night before, turn it on in the morning after I shower and by the time I'm dressed it's ready. I usually do veggies (kale, spinach etc) with a piece of fruit, chia/flax seeds and coconut water.
  • thinking_thinly
    thinking_thinly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I like making egg "mcmuffins":
    1 whole wheat english muffin
    3 egg whites (nuked in a coffee cup to make a "patty")
    1-2 tbs salsa

Place egg patty on toasted english muffins and serve with salsa. I used to add cheese, but I don't even miss it. Calorie count comes out to be 190 or so or a bit more if you add cheese.

Also rice cakes with 2tbs peanut butter and a tbs low sugar jam/jelly is a good breakfast.
  • mscountrygirl39456
    mscountrygirl39456 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I use a cup of cooked oatmeal and add 2 tablespoons of semi sweet chocolate chips a teaspoon of sugar ......

Oatmeal- 150 calories
    ss chocolate chips - 140 calories
    Sugar - 15 calories

TOTAL OF 305 CALORIES:flowerforyou:
  • meperry74
    meperry74 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I usually have Greek yogurt add salt free trail mix and half a banana; quick and easy
  • cawhite51
    Options
    Pepper & onion frittata

1/4 of a sweet onion (vadalia)
    1/4 of a sweet red pepper
    1/4 of a green pepper
    1/2 tsp olive oil
    1 whole egg
    1 egg white
    1tbl water
    1/4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
    3 tbl Red cactus salsa

In a small non stick skillet, saute onion and peppers in the olive oil until they begin brown. Beat the egg, egg white and water together and pour over the vegetables, allow the fritatta to continue cooking until the bottom is firm. Place the pan under your broiler to continue cooking the top of the fritta, when the top begins to brown, remove from the broiler and top with the cheese, return to the broiler until cheese is bubbly. Cool the frittata for a few minutes before you remove it from the pan. Top with salsa and enjoy. This can be doubled, tripled, or quadrupled. Depending on the number of people you are serving or the amount of callories you want to eat.

Approximately 203 calories

Enjoy
  • DuckDuckDuck
    DuckDuckDuck Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love grits and an egg :}
  • lisamac62
    lisamac62 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I make my version of Denny's Fit Slam
    1 c spinach leaves
    6 grape tomatoes sliced
    3 egg whites
    wilt down the spinach leaves and tomatoes add egg whites and scramble
    2 slices of turkey bacon
    1 slice 45 cal sara lee bread
    1/2 grape fruit

OR I have my version of Mcmuffin
    1 whole grain english muffin
    1 egg white
    1/2 slice american cheese
    2 slices of turkey bacon or some mornings I use 1 morning star veggie sausage
    1/2 grapefruit

OR I have a breakfast burrito
    1 LaBanderita low fat low carb tortilla
    2 egg whites
    1/2 slice american cheese
    1.5 slice turkey bacon
    2T salsa
    1/2 grapefruit

I get up at 4:30 and exercise till 5:00 then jump in shower. I usually eat breakfast by 5:30 and I eat a snack around 10:00 and don't get lunch until 1:00, so I need to have a lot of protein at breakfast or I'm starving by the time I get to have my snack. I usually have a vanilla greek yogurt with mixed berries for snack and that keeps me full till lunch.
    All these breakfast ideas are between 200 and 230 calories for the whole breakfast and VERY FILLING
  • kerramarie
    kerramarie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • ikguapa
    ikguapa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. If you have a slow cooker, core some apples, add to each apple a tablespoon of granola cereal and drizzle a teaspoon of honey over each apple. Pop those babies in the slow cooker for three hours on low and you'll have some delicious baked apples that are filling and good for you for minimal calories. You can have it as a treat as well :) refrigerate once they've cooled down after removing from the slow cooker.
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Homemade smoothies, hard boiled eggs, Greek yogurt, fruit, and granola.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    I dunno. I like my breakfasts big.

2 scrambled eggs, 3 slices of bacon with toast and either jam or butter. Mmmmm.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Chocolate Banana Quinoa

http://greatist.com/health/recipe-chocolate-banana-breakfast-quinoa

Slice the recipe in half.
  • kxblack
    kxblack Posts: 18
    Options
    Ingredients:

6 egg whites
    1 cup rolled oats, dry
    1 cup cottage cheese
    2 teaspoons sugar
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    1 teaspoon vanilla

Instructions:

In a blender, blend all ingredients until smooth. Heat a griddle or large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. For each pancake pour 1/4 cup of batter onto griddle. Flip when they start to bubble. Cook until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batches, spraying the griddle as needed. Makes about 10 pancakes.

Number of Servings: 3

Nutritional Info Per Serving:
    181 Calories, 2.7g Fat, 10mg Cholesterol, 361mg Sodium, 20g Carbs, 2.8g Fiber
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    1 grated apple
    some cinnamon
    some sweetner
    some vanilla
    3 cups rolled oats
    5 1/2 cups water

in crockpot on high for 2 or so hours until its cooked

divided into 9 containers. store in freezer. chuck one in the fridge each night, microwave for 90 seonds before eating
  • sknapstein
    sknapstein Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've been enjoying refrigerator oatmeal from TheYummyLife. Cherry Chocolate Chunk (274 Cal) and Mocha (207 Cal) Recipes can be found here. http://www.theyummylife.com/8_muesli_flavors
  • aekaya
    aekaya Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Honeydew & cottage cheese is one of my favorites, it's sweet and really satisfying. I usually will have that w/ a cup of coffee.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Yeah I aim for a big breakfast but if you don't have time, you don't have time.
    I like an omelette. I (when I was at work) used to make it up the day before & heat it up. 1 egg, the rest egg whites, bean sprouts, mushrooms, onion, peas, ham. Voila! Yummy yummy.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I need over 100g of protein/day so my breakfasts NEED to have a decent amount of protein which means most cereals and oatmeal is out. I usually do bacon or ham and eggs, cottage cheese and berries, Quest bars or protein shakes.
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    4 egg whites hard boiled
    1 cup of brown rice or white rice
  • LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Light wheat toast (80 cal) 3 egg whites (45cal) 2oz turkey (cold cut) 60cal, 1 slice low fat Swiss 40 cal

It tastes like a diet egg mc muffin!