DISCOVERY: hearts of palm

Options
2»

Replies

• eclecticpixxie
    eclecticpixxie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Am going to look into this as a possibility!
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    mortuseon_ wrote: »
    Are they similar at all to marinated artichokes? Love 'em but so high in calories for the delicious oil marinated ones :( maybe I could sub these...

Why not just get the plain artichoke hearts?
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    They have a mildly acidic ‘vinegar’ type taste from the canning process/natural acids used to preserve.
    A nice subtle pickle-y tang that I DO find sorta similar to the water-canned artichoke pieces.
  • ehaze52
    ehaze52 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Make a faux potato salad using a recipe you like.
  • romsierox
    romsierox Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There’s a new noodle product made from this called Palmini that’s supposed to be really good. 3g carb, 2g fiber and 15 calories in a 75.6g serving.
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite salad additions. Esp with tuna (canned or seared).
  • eclecticpixxie
    eclecticpixxie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    romsierox wrote: »
    There’s a new noodle product made from this called Palmini that’s supposed to be really good. 3g carb, 2g fiber and 15 calories in a 75.6g serving.
    Oh wow! This could be a new good thing! eatpalmini.com/ am looking into this now.

Reviews on Amazon seem good. https://amazon.com/Palmini-Calories-Carbs-Vegetable-Linguine/dp/B0711R3XS4?th=1

Here's the drawback: price

At WalMart, the king of discounters, its 10$ for a 1 lb can which we can assume includes water weight.

The only review complaint aside from price on Amazon was the flavor but it looks like the reviewer didn't follow instructions/suggestions.

I might try this for the sake of it. But at this price it could hardly become a sketti-sub standard.

Maybe I could make my own? I have to see whats on and in that can!