Reduced calorie pastas

Options
Does anybody have any recommendations for lower calorie pastas?
For now, I'm not interested in zoodles, spaghetti squash, and other vegggie pasta substitutes. I make those often and like them, but the husband and kids don't like it as much and was looking for something that would not require me making something different for me/them.
Just wanted to see what lower calorie pastas you all have tried and liked.
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Fiber Gourmet pasta. 1/2 the calories of regular
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options

Thank you. Do they carry it at regular stores or is it at specifically shops?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    sarjenki wrote: »

Thank you. Do they carry it at regular stores or is it at specifically shops?

I live in a small rural town. I can't find it locally so I buy it online. Amazon carries it but it's cheaper to buy direct. It is quite a bit more expensive than regular pasta though.
    https://fibergourmet.com/4-pasta
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Need2Exerc1se Placed an order for a few boxes from a local distributor to try it out.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Creamette makes a 150 calorie pasta with 13 grams of Fiber. I find it tastes no different than their regular.

If you're looking to get a little more "bang" for your calorie "buck," I really like red lentil pastas. Similar calories to regular, but a bit of protein and more fiber.

~Lyssa
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    Creamette makes a 150 calorie pasta with 13 grams of Fiber. I find it tastes no different than their regular.

If you're looking to get a little more "bang" for your calorie "buck," I really like red lentil pastas. Similar calories to regular, but a bit of protein and more fiber.

~Lyssa

Thanks. I will look for that lower cal version of the creamette too!
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options

Thanks for the tip. I’ve been looking for a lower calorie pasta and I just ordered a few boxes of this online from their website.